2018 UK Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by blahblah01 View Post
    Nope, while old enough to remember it\them, I thought it was just stupid. 4 candles?

Lenny Bruce, early Peter Cook, Chris rock and Emo Phillips are pretty much it for stand-ups, while Fawlty Towers and Blackadder (esp the WWI series) were very funny.
    It wasn't for everyone.

All those others you mention are top draw.
    ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

• Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
      We are so selfish as fans of these great players. We sit in our comfortable chairs, watching their brilliance and hope it never ends. When their hard work and dedication has provided enough financial support for them to explore others areas of life, they should grab it with open arms if they want it.

When we see players we have followed along their long careers retire, we see our own mortality and age. ( more clearly than maybe we would like )

:adoration:
      Blimey that's profound for a sunny southender

You have nailed my ROS point, and why we should be grateful given the way Best and A Higgins went.

I'd type no comment on what you typed re our mortality as failings is more my word\line.

Ken Doherty had Alex in his Snooker room, which was plastered with pics of Alex and one of George. Alex stopped and looked at it and said "Ah Georgie, what a waste!" Probably my favourite quote\line

Comment

It wasn't for everyone.

All those others you mention are top draw.
        Surreal is garbage to me because as soon as there is a link it isn't surreal and juxtaposing provides the link etc - and Cook went pants as he followed that stuff, or may have preceded Monty, but I am not sure as I'm not that old. The little that I remember of that he was less bad than MP, but may well check out the Cook (and Moore) DVD tomorrow. Greta Garbo is hideously brilliant and right up my.... ditto his later stuff, where he went back to being a funny smart ass.

As per top drawer, nah they should be the standard, but don't get me started on "stand ups"...

Comment

• I am on the snooker forum, yes?
          "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• Originally Posted by Billy View Post
            I am on the snooker forum, yes?

"Sorry sir, my sanity chip has melted" series 4 I think? :biggrin-new:
            ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

• Is it me or is Kyren's tip looking like it is pretty worn down?
              Doesn't he have a bit of history for keeping tips on too long and then having problems during tournaments?
              I tried to catch a picture but the quality is not great

Comment

• Yep to the history, there was the WC incident and I think at least one more.

Comment

Blimey that's profound for a sunny southender (
                  From whence do the profound hail? I'm thinkin ov moovin guvnor.
                  ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

• Whence or where

Move north :wink:

Comment

• Cahill should be about to get to 5-5.

Comment

• Originally Posted by bobmikeking View Post
                        Is it me or is Kyren's tip looking like it is pretty worn down?
                        Doesn't he have a bit of history for keeping tips on too long and then having problems during tournaments?
                        I tried to catch a picture but the quality is not great

That's me to a T, that is my optimum tip profile, then I get about 3 sessions of near genius before it dies and the the whole process has to start again.... Groan.
                        ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

That's me to a T, that is my optimum tip profile, then I get about 3 sessions of near genius before it dies and the the whole process has to start again.... Groan.

Comment

Whence or where

Move north :wink:
                            Whence means where..... ; )

Old English , just wot like I is.
                            ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

• I assumed when, not where

Comment

I assumed when, not where
                                Cosmic Rodders, I'm moving to Scunthorpe. ; )
                                ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Working...
                                X