Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yep that is how "seeded" draws work
    old-school :wink:
    Current champion (ROS) seeded #1, then ranking order after that, so Selby (rank#1) event seeded#2; etc. etc.

if all goes by the seeding, then seeds 1&2 will meet in the final
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
      yep that is how "seeded" draws work
      old-school :wink:
      Current champion (ROS) seeded #1, then ranking order after that, so Selby (rank#1) event seeded#2; etc. etc.

if all goes by the seeding, then seeds 1&2 will meet in the final

Actually the #2 seed goes to the current World Champion (Mark Williams right now), from #3 (Selby at this UK Championship) on it goes by the ranking.

Comment

your right
        I was thinking this as I drove home and you beat me to it

Comment

it is based on Money now, not points
          I hope I understood it correctly. For example, I saw ROS’s points before and after the final at Northern ireland, and his points increased by 24k but the prize money he earned is 30k.

https://ibb.co/hBcMFV
          https://ibb.co/ksoBFV
          Last edited by fkhan; 20 November 2018, 04:53 PM.

Comment

7.30pm
            Anthony McGill vs Lu Ning
            Mark Selby vs James Cahill
            Kurt Maflin vs Zhang Anda
            Ali Carter vs The Mighty Thor Chuan Leong
            Scott Donaldson vs Li Yuan
            Noppon Saengham vs Hamza Akbar
            Daniel Wells vs Zhao Xintong
            Mark Williams vs Adam Duffy

Looks like Carter has a game on his his hands!?! Lol.

Could end in tears :-

https://www.thestar.com.my/sport/other-sport/2013/12/15/mighty-thor-pots-gold-in-snooker/
            Last edited by Cue crafty; 20 November 2018, 05:48 PM.
            ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Originally Posted by fkhan View Post
              I hope I understood it correctly. For example, I saw ROS’s points before and after the final at Northern ireland, and his points increased by 24k but the prize money he earned is 30k.

https://ibb.co/hBcMFV
              https://ibb.co/ksoBFV
              probably 6k was removed from event two years ago that occurred at that time
              Ronnie got £6k for 2016 last 16

Comment

Yes, could be. The way WS calculates points has always perplexed me

Comment

Not could be but is what happens
                  Rolling 2-years worth of winnings equals ranking position; as dates go by 2 year old winnings are taken off and new winnings added. Highest amount tops the chart

Comment

Not could be but is what happens
                    Rolling 2-years worth of winnings equals ranking position; as dates go by 2 year old winnings are taken off and new winnings added. Highest amount tops the chart
                    Ok thanks.

Comment

http://www.snooker.org/res/index.asp?template=31
                      It's very confusing! The figures are calculated on a "two year rolling average". Think this means that the oldest tournament winnings drop off after 24 months and the newest winnings gets added on. If that makes sense?
                      In the case of Judd you'll see from the list he's had 70k added for his recent NI win. I'm guessing he had NO winnings from his oldest tournament prob due to a first round exit? Ronnie on the other hand must have had 6k from his oldest tourney and 30k from recent NI final. Does that make sense? Quite difficult to follow I think.

Comment

Originally Posted by Nifty50 View Post
                        The figures are calculated on a "two year rolling average".
                        Not average but cumulative. Just added together and then subtracted after 2yr
                        Sorry
                        Pure 'math' as the Americans would say

Comment

Not average but cumulative. Just added together and then subtracted after 2yr
                          Sorry
                          Pure 'math' as the Americans would say
                          Yep, well the 24 month ago Comp is lost and last Comp added...

That typed Jack was claimed to be in top 16, but isn't showing as such on snooker.org

Comment

Originally Posted by blahblah01 View Post
                            Yep, well the 24 month ago Comp is lost and last Comp added...

That typed Jack was claimed to be in top 16, but isn't showing as such on snooker.org
                            Who typed?
                            I recall the commentators saying that if Jack had gone one more round he would get #16, he is currently #17

Comment

Originally Posted by blahblah01 View Post
                              Yep, well the 24 month ago Comp is lost and last Comp added..
                              Jacks current figures look rite on snooker.org. Down 2.5k. That would be 6k for 2016 NI Open coming off. He lost to Barry Hawkins in last 16. He won 3.5k in the latest NI Open. So arithmetic says minus 2.5k. Hope I've got that rite. Bit difficult to track these things back. Whoever keeps these records is doing a great job but over complicated IMO.

Comment

Sorry if i missed it in someones post, but, is the first round televised at all, or on the bbc red button\ player?

Comment

Working...
                                X