Originally Posted by blahblah01 View Post
      An excellent anagram
      ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

• Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
        "Sorry sir, my sanity chip has melted" series 4 I think? :biggrin-new:
        "Sir, can we take a break? My intelligence circuits have melted."

Series 4 indeed. Episode 3
        "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• Right, I can't hold it back any more. When Hazel/presenters, talk around the pseusdo practice table, where the hell do they find these crap cues to lay on the table???? Aghhhh!!!!

Could we do something unusual and get people who know about snooker involved? Not Hazels fault, she is a bonnie lass. : )
          Last edited by Cue crafty; 2 December 2018, 12:28 AM.
          ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Right, I can't hold it back any more. When Hazel/presenters, talk around the pseusdo practice table, where the hell do they find these crap cues to lay on the table???? Aghhhh!!!!
            Why would they use expensive cues when they're just there as furniture? They're props - nothing more.
            Last edited by Billy; 2 December 2018, 12:34 AM.
            "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• Originally Posted by Billy View Post
              Why would they use expensive cues when they're just there as furniture? They're props - nothing more.
              It's about convincing the avid player that the producer knows wtf they are doing by creating an environment conducive to a knowledgeable player.

Agree it's not a huge deal, but eventually got me.
              ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

It's about convincing the avid player that the producer knows wtf they are doing by creating an environment conducive to a knowledgeable player.

I'd wager the vast majority of viewers aren't players - avid or not. But seriously, if you're making a film that features a scene with the Mona Lisa, you get the prop guys to knock one up. You don't send your set guys to Paris to borrow the real thing. I don't think it has anything to do with people not knowing what they're doing.

I'm boring myself now.
                Last edited by Billy; 2 December 2018, 12:53 AM.

Comment

Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post

I'd wager the vast majority of viewers aren't players - avid or not. But seriously, if you're making a film that features a scene with the Mona Lisa, you get the prop guys to knock one up. You don't send your set guys to Paris to borrow the real thing.
                  Lol, good one. Appreciate the different perspective.
                  ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Lol, good one. Appreciate the different perspective.
                    You're too polite

Comment

• Does anyone have any footage or details of the Chinese player (don't know name) who potted the brown to lead by 23, then tried to pot the blue at 100mph and knocked it off the table? His opponent cleared to force the re-spot, won it and knocked him out.

Comment

• Crazy ending in Cahill's match: https://twitter.com/Nick007J/status/1069024532139266049

Comment

• Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
                          The description says 'This is as #Careless as it gets ..."

What was careless? Surely not suggesting it was careless of Cahill to have the balls replaced? No one could have predicted that fluke??

Unless it's referring to the other sense of the word, and suggesting Akin's hit 'n' hope was played with a 'care less' attitude.
                          Last edited by Billy; 2 December 2018, 01:40 AM.

Comment

Does anyone have any footage or details of the Chinese player (don't know name) who potted the brown to lead by 23, then tried to pot the blue at 100mph and knocked it off the table? His opponent cleared to force the re-spot, won it and knocked him out.
                            Daniel Wells vs Zhao Xintong

Just after 4hrs 31mins
                            https://youtu.be/LFlrQdpgNcM?t=16260

Comment

• Originally Posted by Dredd46 View Post
                              Daniel Wells vs Zhao Xintong

Just after 4hrs 31mins
                              https://youtu.be/LFlrQdpgNcM?t=16260
                              Cheers, fella!

Mmm, a tad unlucky I'd say. Okay if he plays it dead weight he's almost certainly through to the next round, whether the blue drops or not, but he hardly hit it at 100mph as JP suggested.
                              Last edited by Billy; 2 December 2018, 02:55 AM.

Comment

• Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
                                The balls were not even respotted correctly lmao, so unlucky for james to lose like that.... best fluke of Akanis career tho great break under pressure at the end.

Comment

Working...
                                X