No announcement yet.

2018 UK Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I had to laugh when Dennis Taylor said a few players in the 80's and 90's played while they was plastered, he meant players who wore plasters on their chin. not the other plastered, I think both Alex Higgins and big Bill Werbuinik played when they was plastered, also Alex Higgins once played in a tournament when his leg was plastered and poor Steve Davis his opponent could not stop laughing.
    Ronnie O' Sullivan seven times the record breaking Snooker Master

Comment

• Originally Posted by Mr Snooker View Post
      I had to laugh when Dennis Taylor said a few players in the 80's and 90's played while they was plastered, he meant players who wore plasters on their chin. not the other plastered [...]
      No, the 'other plastered' is precisely what he meant. It was a quip to Davis's remark about some players having to wear plasters on their chin.
      Last edited by Billy; 2 December 2018, 10:37 PM.
      "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• The ref in this Trump / Dale match is very shouty. I wonder if he's an ex-army sergeant?
        "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• Mark Allen flukes the black to beat Rory Mcleod 6-2, after Rory missed an easy green probably for 5-3. Mark was also having a word with both Rory and the referee, probably about the match table it seamed like, maybe he was not to pleased with the table or was it something else.
          Ronnie O' Sullivan seven times the record breaking Snooker Master

Comment

• Originally Posted by Mr Snooker View Post
            Mark Allen flukes the black to beat Rory Mcleod 6-2, after Rory missed an easy green probably for 5-3. Mark was also having a word with both Rory and the referee, probably about the match table it seamed like, maybe he was not to pleased with the table or was it something else.
            Not really a fluke tho is it ? that shot is always a possibility

Comment

• The old cocked hat shot, always worth a punt.
              ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

• Allen said he never hit it right for it to go in . He also moaned about the state of the table , but the interviewer never had the brains to ask him what his issues were with the table . Said he is going to make an official complaint about it.
                Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

• Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
                  Said he is going to make an official complaint about it.
                  Mark Allen... complaining?? Well I never!

Comment

• Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
                    Allen said he never hit it right for it to go in . He also moaned about the state of the table , but the interviewer never had the brains to ask him what his issues were with the table . Said he is going to make an official complaint about it.
                    Another point scored for Rasson then.
                    ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

• Anyone see the Jak Jones vs Joe Swail match? That final deciding frame was crazy. Jak needing 2 snookers on the colours, Swail missing sitters for the match and Jak eventually taking it on the black. Awful quality match but pretty entertaining.

Comment

• Highly interesting match in the third round between Marco Fu and Jack Lisowski. Not only because the involvment of two players of high quality, but also because the race to the Masters. Lisowski is #16 right now and would qualify, but if Fu beats him today and then wins another match he would overtake him. Of course also Ali Carter is still in the mix and could take that 16th place with a good run at York. He plays Stephen Maguire today in another promising duel, a new entry to their rivalry.

Another match that could be of interest in that round: Kyren Wilson - Yan Bingtao.
                        Last edited by JimMalone; 3 December 2018, 08:52 AM.

Comment

• Originally Posted by RaveDave View Post
                          Anyone see the Jak Jones vs Joe Swail match? That final deciding frame was crazy. Jak needing 2 snookers on the colours, Swail missing sitters for the match and Jak eventually taking it on the black. Awful quality match but pretty entertaining.
                          was this is a TV match, how did you "see" it?
                          Last edited by DeanH; 3 December 2018, 09:00 AM.
                          Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• To be fair to Allen I think the conditions so far have been very poor. Table is certainly not level, cloths seem to be heavy, lots of bounces and kicks in the Trump vs Dale match. I guess conditions are due to the weather though, a lot of rain this last week and despite table heaters, moisture in the room gets into the cloth and does affect conditions like this.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
                              The old cocked hat shot, always worth a punt.
                              Never knew it was called that which Allen played. We call it the ring shot here

Comment

• Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                                was this is a TV match, how did you "see" it?
                                There it is: https://youtu.be/7CggjVnxG7E
                                I think it's just a World snooker stream they have on some (all?) tables that aren't actual tv tables.
                                Poor Joe, fell totally in pieces in the end :/

Comment

Working...
                                X