2018 Scottish Open

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by sharkster63 View Post
    [...] Murphy must have played very well to beat Baird playing like he was against Carter.
    He didn't, as it happens, and Baird was pretty awful to be honest. It was more a case of Murphy playing slightly less crap than Baird. He won't go much further in this playing like he did here.
    Last edited by Billy; 14 December 2018, 03:49 PM.
    "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

Originally Posted by Billy View Post
      He is to my ears. But this is Eurosport so I don't think it's likely he'll be in the coms box even when he does lose.
      I think they must do what they do best. Play!

Comment

Foulds has just mentioned an incident in an earlier match where a player thumped the table so hard he suggested had it not been the last frame he may not have been able to continue anyway.

Anyone know who it was?
        Yes, i was wondering who that was too. Anyone know?
        Customised full size Riley table with black pockets and Strachen 6811 Tournament Cloth all housed in an air-conditioned 8m x 5m Grande Servern Plus log cabin from Dunster House supported with RSJ's.

Comment

Well well. Two quarters and two white washes. I wonder what the other two quarters have in store.

Comment

Originally Posted by the_unrepentant View Post
            Yes, i was wondering who that was too. Anyone know?
            He described it as a 'sickening thud'. I'm curious.
            "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

The first upset of the evening then. Day is out.

Judd is through in style. I expect Mark vs Judd in the final.
              Last edited by fkhan; 14 December 2018, 09:48 PM.

Comment

Foulds has just mentioned an incident in an earlier match where a player thumped the table so hard he suggested had it not been the last frame he may not have been able to continue anyway.

Anyone know who it was?
                I haven't been watching this tournament so not sure who you're referring to tonight, but Michael Holt's the famous example of this - smacked the table so hard he broke one of his knuckles and had to go to A&E.

Comment

Originally Posted by gavpowell View Post
                  I haven't been watching this tournament so not sure who you're referring to tonight, but Michael Holt's the famous example of this - smacked the table so hard he broke one of his knuckles and had to go to A&E.
                  Is Michael Holt in this?

Comment

Michael Holt was in it, can’t remember who beat him.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Billy View Post
                      He didn't, as it happens, and Baird was pretty awful to be honest. It was more a case of Murphy playing slightly less crap than Baird. He won't go much further in this playing like he did here.
                      I know how this is, different day seems like a completely different player, some days you can see the line, other days your seeing double. Will watch it on youtube, Baird can play that is for sure, so can Murphy but not during that match I guess.. Cheers
                      I try hard, play hard and dont always succeed, at first.!!!!:snooker:

Comment

• Originally Posted by Billy View Post
                        I think Carter is a very consistent player always very acute and dangerous, tough as nails. Got Baird at is best..
                        I try hard, play hard and dont always succeed, at first.!!!!:snooker:

Comment

• Allen said he will be out on the town last night after his win. I get the impression he maybe suffering a bit today.
                          Customised full size Riley table with black pockets and Strachen 6811 Tournament Cloth all housed in an air-conditioned 8m x 5m Grande Servern Plus log cabin from Dunster House supported with RSJ's.

Comment

• Murphy is so confident tonite he is flying round the table
                            Current playing cue Trevor White
                            3/4 ash cue

Comment

• Originally Posted by Stevie1 View Post
                              Murphy is so confident tonite he is flying round the table
                              He is due a victory big time.

Comment

• Yes hope he goes through to play his good pall Allan tomorrow
                                Current playing cue Trevor White
                                3/4 ash cue

Comment

Working...
                                X