2019 German Masters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

15 reds 15 blacks - Selby
    nicely positioned the cue ball to the yellow that was on the baulk cushion, unfortunately missed the yellow
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Once again early exits for Higgins and Murphy. Hopefully they will find some bits of form until the World Championship.

Comment

John had that - the long green pot, can't believe he missed the brown to centre (usually granite for those type of shots). Hopefully his opponent can break thru - loved the long pots.

Comment

Originally Posted by arsalanjami View Post
          John had that - the long green pot, can't believe he missed the brown to centre (usually granite for those type of shots). Hopefully his opponent can break thru - loved the long pots.
          What did everyone think of the call (lack of call) from the referee at the end?

My take on it, is that they had already shaken hands when the cue ball hit the rest, hence the Referee (who clearly saw it) made the right call to ignore it, as by shaking hands the match has already ended.

However, the actual rules may disagree with that!

Comment

Jan Verhaas tweeted this

Before the cueball hit the rest, the handshake was done between both players and ref and therefore, in the spirit of the game, the incident was condoned. No point asking me what I would have done, this is what happened and how it was dealt with there and then. #matterclosed

Looks like there is no specific rule and the ref gets to use their own judgement on the situation.

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH
              I did not catch the lack of end of match call but I am sure it was said just not picked up on tv
              Neil Foulds seemed to think the ref didn't spot it, but he very clearly did when you watch the replay. He looked at the rest / cue ball for a while, seemed to think about it, then walk off.

Comment

Originally Posted by bobmikeking View Post
                Jan Verhaas tweeted this

Before the cueball hit the rest, the handshake was done between both players and ref and therefore, in the spirit of the game, the incident was condoned. No point asking me what I would have done, this is what happened and how it was dealt with there and then. #matterclosed

Looks like there is no specific rule and the ref gets to use their own judgement on the situation.
                Which is good, I think he made the right call.

Comment

Originally Posted by arsalanjami View Post
                  John's lost his Mojo, he knows it, the snooker gods know it and hes not being forgiven.

As good good as he is you can't win tournaments without enthusiasm, desire and excitement of being there.

Hope he gets it back ! Not nice watching a legend struggle
                  ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Originally Posted by bobmikeking View Post
                    Jan Verhaas tweeted this

Sec 3.1(f) The winner of a frame is the player or side:
                    ...(ii) to whom the frame is conceded; ...
                    This situation is specifically mentioned in the SRA Explanations ((Conceding section, they have cue ball going in after the concession) and they clarify that the game has already been conceded so the concession would stand.

From seeing the video, I also think the referee acted correctly in this situation due to the actions of the players.
                    Last edited by DeanH; 1 February 2019, 10:06 AM.

Comment

Saw the Mark Williams match last night. Joe Perry seemed to bottle it after that miss in the first frame.

Comment

Originally Posted by vjmehra View Post
                        What did everyone think of the call (lack of call) from the referee at the end?

My take on it, is that they had already shaken hands when the cue ball hit the rest, hence the Referee (who clearly saw it) made the right call to ignore it, as by shaking hands the match has already ended.

However, the actual rules may disagree with that!
                        My understanding is that the referee saw it, but only after the hands had been shaken. So didn't bother to apply the rule, as in his mind the match was over.

Whether that was the correct decision or not, is up for debate. It would've been a shame for the young lad had John Higgins gone on to win the match that way, but at the same time it was him who had left his rest on the table. No real excuse for it.

I personally wouldn't have blamed the referee if he had callen foul. Rules are rules. It was clearly going to be a foul for several seconds before the actual foul happened. But, what happened happened. If John Higgins has no problem with it, we should just let the matter rest. (No pun intended.)

I think Neil Foulds was right to point out that the player should never, ever let that happen again. Chances are he'd not be lucky enough to get away with it next time.

Comment

Robertson 5-0 Bingham
                          superb snooker fro Robbo, 2x 100s against a lacklustre Bingham

I think that is two whitewashes for Robbo over Bingham in their last two meetings.

Comment

well done David Gilbert, beating Selby on the decider

Comment

Once again Selby goes from a dominant performance to losing the next match. Did he get out played or did he not play well

Comment

from what I saw Gilbert hung in there when 3-1 down; then took his chances when they arose with a couple of large breaks to win the frames; the decider was a grind with both playing good safety; Selby had the first chance to take to frame and match but broke down; Gilbert nibbled down the gap, Selby had the first opportunity to clear the colours but missed a relatively easy green cut to the middle after a fine cut on the yellow left poking out by Gilbert's attempt at a snooker. Gilbert cleared the rest well.

Comment

Working...
                                X