2019 German Masters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
    "Paying" being the operative word, he's not the first to say that ROS did too I belive. I think top pro's expect to get things like this for free, I also think TAOM are missing a trick not offering it to them...
    Taom are giving chalk and tips to amateur players for free. So any pro could get some for free easily, but free is never really free in that world. If you get what I mean.
    Taom are a sponsor at the German Masters this year. I bet there is free chalk and tips flying around the Tempodrom.
    Last edited by bobmikeking; 1 February 2019, 10:45 PM.

Comment

Ah there we go. Good .

Comment

Originally Posted by bobmikeking View Post
        Taom are giving chalk and tips to amateur players for free. So any pro could get some for free easily, but free is never really free in that world. If you get what I mean.
        Taom are a sponsor at the German Masters this year. I bet there is free chalk and tips flying around the Tempodrom.
        Yep, for the likes of ROS etc, endorsements are expected. Ron done them up like a kipper, by saying no thanks to your free chalk Triangle is still the guvnor because I believe the endorsement offering wasn't attractive to him? Something along those lines...
        ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

2019 German Masters

cracking results for Jones and Gilbert
          shame but they play each other next
          Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Nice, honest interview

Comment

Do you think the top players didn't want to win this ?

There is no way if there were trying their hardest, that Judd, Ding, Robbo and Williams would have all lost

I think they want to go back to England now and get ready for the next few local ranking tournaments
              Last edited by peterpackage; 2 February 2019, 07:54 AM.

Comment

Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post
                Bit of both. Gilbert played well and Selby was true to current form. Is his shot selection a bit too aggressive at the moment? I've thought this on a number of occasions recently. Maybe all the criticism of his style of play has got to him, he does seem somewhat less inclined to run for cover these days. There were quite a few shots from him today which I thought were just not worth the risk/reward, shots I doubt he'd have considered a year or two ago.

-
                You're not alone on this. I've noticed this as well. He goes for shots he shouldn't go for IMO. Maybe that is also because his safety game is far down from the level he possessed from 2014-2017 ca. When you remember these days, there was hardly a shot, his opponents could play without pressure.

Comment

What a great interview , pleased for the lad . Seems to have put a lot of work in .
                  Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                    cracking results for Jones and Gilbert
                    shame but they play each other next
                    Not really perhaps, because it means that there'll be an outsider in the final, which always adds a bit of spice to a tournament ....

Comment

Why aren’t Quest showing this? Arguably the best of the Euros and this is the one they decide not to run.
                      "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

Right!!!! C'mon then Mags, your talent deserves a win!
                        ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Is it just me, or has anyone else found the audio on this German Masters makes every contact sound "lead" heavy!!! ??
                          ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

I find this happens a bit with the Eurosport broadcast tournaments. Everything sounds like a kick. Figure that maybe the mic placement is closer. That, and the venues in these multitable setups are pressumably quite cavernous for acoustics

Comment

Originally Posted by Mark187187 View Post
                              I find this happens a bit with the Eurosport broadcast tournaments. Everything sounds like a kick. Figure that maybe the mic placement is closer. That, and the venues in these multitable setups are pressumably quite cavernous for acoustics
                              Thanks Mark, hopefully I don't need a new tele then!
                              ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

what steal to go 4-0 at MSI
                                that will hurt Maguire
                                Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Working...
                                X