No announcement yet.

2019 Snooker Shoot-Out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I which the MCs would introduce Lawler as Rod the Plod. I'm not aware of him having any other nicknames.

Comment

With that in mind, it's probably high time Shaun Murphy had a more fitting nickname too

Comment

I dropped in by chance on one or two frames last night, the first time I've ever had the "pleasure" to do so.

What most impressed me was Jimmy Robertson's magnificent collection of tattoos on both arms (of course, when he's donned in his usual attire you don't get to see things like this) and, a few minutes later, Michael Holt (also tattooed) going completely spare in front of the crowd after he'd won his frame as if he'd won the WC or something. And of course certain elements of the crowd going crazy whenever a ball was potted - even worse than the German Masters.

Apart from this, the point of this whole exercise is completely lost on me.

Comment

Originally Posted by crocodile View Post
          I dropped in by chance on one or two frames last night, the first time I've ever had the "pleasure" to do so.

What most impressed me was Jimmy Robertson's magnificent collection of tattoos on both arms (of course, when he's donned in his usual attire you don't get to see things like this) and, a few minutes later, Michael Holt (also tattooed) going completely spare in front of the crowd after he'd won his frame as if he'd won the WC or something. And of course certain elements of the crowd going crazy whenever a ball was potted - even worse than the German Masters.

Apart from this, the point of this whole exercise is completely lost on me.
          I've got quite into it...it has a sort of Mosconi Cup vibe to it!

I'd actually take it one step further and turn it into a series...

8 regional tournaments throughout the year, open to all and then the top 64 go through to join the top 64 pro's for the televised finale.

Or you could televise each one and have 8/16 seeds in each one, so 64/128 pro's are seeded, but have to finish in the last 8/16 to qualify for the championship.

To me its like T20 cricket vs Test Cricket. Both are great for vastly different reasons, one for being able to produce at a world class level over a prolonged period and the other a short sharp, but entertaining game where upsets can and do occur.

Comment

Originally Posted by vjmehra View Post
            I've got quite into it...it has a sort of Mosconi Cup vibe to it!

I'd actually take it one step further and turn it into a series...

8 regional tournaments throughout the year, open to all and then the top 64 go through to join the top 64 pro's for the televised finale.

Or you could televise each one and have 8/16 seeds in each one, so 64/128 pro's are seeded, but have to finish in the last 8/16 to qualify for the championship.

To me its like T20 cricket vs Test Cricket. Both are great for vastly different reasons, one for being able to produce at a world class level over a prolonged period and the other a short sharp, but entertaining game where upsets can and do occur.
            Was saying the same thing to a snooker buddy earlier today.
            Set it up nationally or better still internationally with regional / national winners coming up against the full 128 pro field...

The promoter could even offer buy ins, where the player can enter more than one qualifier. All monies would then go into the overall prize money.

Extend the format from 4 days to a week.

This tournament could be the HUGE and a lot of FUN!
            "I got injected with the passion for snooker" - SQ_FLYER
            National Snooker Expo
            25-27 October 2019
            http://nationalsnookerexpo.com

Comment

Originally Posted by the lone wolf View Post
              Was saying the same thing to a snooker buddy earlier today.
              Set it up nationally or better still internationally with regional / national winners coming up against the full 128 pro field...

The promoter could even offer buy ins, where the player can enter more than one qualifier. All monies would then go into the overall prize money.

Extend the format from 4 days to a week.

This tournament could be the HUGE and a lot of FUN!
              Oh massively and you can chase the dream of taking a frame off a pro! I think its a great concept, where's Barry H...

Comment

Where do these crowd morons appear from each year ? It seems to me that they are locked away for twelve months then released for this so called ranking tournament, its a joke , Barry Hearn , ranking tournament my arse !!!

Comment

Originally Posted by vjmehra View Post
                  Oh massively and you can chase the dream of taking a frame off a pro! I think its a great concept, where's Barry H...
                  He's no.3 on my speed dial...
                  "I got injected with the passion for snooker" - SQ_FLYER
                  National Snooker Expo
                  25-27 October 2019
                  http://nationalsnookerexpo.com

Comment

joe davis would be turning in his grave watching this ****e , a ranking tournament .....really ? Its not even snooker ! leave this garbage for the pool players !

Comment

• Rory McLeod not shaking hands with female referees is disgusting. How people continue to believe in imaginary things in the sky and act in that manner in the 21st Century completely baffles me. I don't understand why the snooker community condones that type of sexist behaviour.

Comment

• The thing about being tolerant, is you sometimes have to tolerate the things you find intolerable...

Leave em to it my good man x

Comment

• Originally Posted by pottr View Post
                          The thing about being tolerant, is you sometimes have to tolerate the things you find intolerable...

Leave em to it my good man x
                          You are a better man than me.

Comment

• Originally Posted by bonoman1970 View Post
                            Where do these crowd morons appear from each year ? It seems to me that they are locked away for twelve months then released for this so called ranking tournament, its a joke , Barry Hearn , ranking tournament my arse !!!
                            Would be interesting to hear what they think of real snooker, assuming they've even heard of it that is.

Comment

• Neal Foulds is a moron. If he really believes that any professional snooker beating another professional snooker player in a one frame match with a 10 minute type limit is "unexpected" or an "upset" he truly is clueless.

If it takes all of these qualities he describes to win, how the hell do you explain Michael Georgiou winning last year? It's ONE FREAKING FRAME!!!!! Anything can happen. If you played the tournament 50 times you'd have 40+ different winners.

Comment

• You are a better man than me.
                                I'm an absolute piece of ****, mate

Just don't really care what anyone does, says or thinks... I care what I think, that's what matters. Life is reactionary... That's what we get to choose.

Would be interesting to hear what they think of real snooker, assuming they've even heard of it that is
                                It's a marketing exercise... If 10 percent of these muppets have a good time in the crowd, they'll likely buy tickets for a proper event

Comment

Working...
                                X