No announcement yet.

2019 Snooker Shoot-Out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neal Foulds is a moron. If he really believes that any professional snooker beating another professional snooker player in a one frame match with a 10 minute type limit is "unexpected" or an "upset" he truly is clueless.

If it takes all of these qualities he describes to win, how the hell do you explain Michael Georgiou winning last year? It's ONE FREAKING FRAME!!!!! Anything can happen. If you played the tournament 50 times you'd have 40+ different winners.
    100 percent agree.

Comment

• May I know why the crowd gets so excited when a player plays the yellow?

Comment

• Originally Posted by fkhan View Post
        May I know why the crowd gets so excited when a player plays the yellow?
        I think its because its in Watford.

Comment

• Look at Jimmy, perving at her rack... Go on my son!

Comment

• Originally Posted by pottr View Post
            100 percent agree.
            I (marginally) disagree....upset is perhaps too strong, but there is always a favourite.

For example, in one frame, to an extent almost anyone could beat anyone...however if you re-play that frame 100 times you'd see a pattern and probably could work out a favourite.

I do also however appreciate in reality it is a lottery, I'm just being a bit pedantic and pointing out that there is almost always going to be a favourite in every game.

Also...is ROS completely smashed???

Comment

• Originally Posted by vjmehra View Post
              Is it their football team’s jersey? Sorry, I have absolutely no idea about football. Checked this online.

Comment

Is it their football team’s jersey? Sorry, I have absolutely no idea about football. Checked this online.
                Yep! (had to write 10 characters....)

Comment

May I know why the crowd gets so excited when a player plays the yellow?
                  Even stranger is why the crowd have started chanting 'Toon army! Toon army!"

When I first heard it I thought maybe one of the players was a Newcastle United fan, but they've been doing it for a few of the matches now.
                  "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

I (marginally) disagree....upset is perhaps too strong, but there is always a favourite.

For example, in one frame, to an extent almost anyone could beat anyone...however if you re-play that frame 100 times you'd see a pattern and probably could work out a favourite.

I do also however appreciate in reality it is a lottery, I'm just being a bit pedantic and pointing out that there is almost always going to be a favourite in every game.
                    O'Sullivan playing a random lower ranked player is maybe a 55/45 favourite to win a single frame in this format. In 95% of the matchups it's 51/49 at the most. The majority of matchups are complete coin flips. Sometimes a coin flipped 7 times comes out heads each time. (128 to 1 odds against) ---> see Michael Georgiou.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Stony152 View Post
                      O'Sullivan playing a random lower ranked player is maybe a 55/45 favourite to win a single frame in this format. In 95% of the matchups it's 51/49 at the most. The majority of matchups are complete coin flips. Sometimes a coin flipped 7 times comes out heads each time. (128 to 1 odds against) ---> see Michael Georgiou.
                      Yep...that's my exact point...there is always a marginal favourite and I was pedantically pointing it out.

I completely agree that for all intensive purposes its basically a lottery!

Comment

• For example, in one frame, to an extent almost anyone could beat anyone...however if you re-play that frame 100 times you'd see a pattern and probably could work out a favourite.
                        Not in this format.

Yeah, O Sullivan's battered... He's so awkward

Comment

Yes, and the crowd's usually recruited by a minor snooker official who prowls the streets of Watford a couple of days before the bash gets under way and promises people a few quid if they're prepared to shout their heads off for three days ....

Comment

Maybe another reason is that they put 5 goals past Cardiff yesterday (away from home too)!

Comment

• According to the Eurosport commentator....

"Some players are more suited for this format than others"

This is completely untrue. Rod Lawlor is suited for this format??????

Neal Foulds said that Bingham was the favourite. What the hell happened?

Comment

• [QUOTE=pottr;975106]I'm an absolute piece of ****, mate /QUOTE]

What does **** stand for? Cake?

Comment

Working...
                                X