2019 World Snooker Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by neuronic View Post
    Bingham vs Dott has to be one of the most thrilling matches I seen in recent years here. Same for Selby vs Wilson. Robertson vs Murphy was brilliant snooker. That first session of Hawkins was stellar. Trumps last session yesterday was stellar. Also vintage Higgins yesterday.

But this is the perception of someone who's watching snooker because he wants ROS to win. When he's out, the tournament is just really bad quality. And boring.

It's hilarious
    The ending of Bingham - Dott was thrilling, I'll give you that. Selby vs. Wilson was rather frustrating for me with so many simple mistakes by Selby, not exactly a great level. And Robertson vs. Murphy was just too onesided in the end.

I definitely don't want ROS to win. The two last years he went out early as well and I enjoyed both World Championships a lot. Maybe I'm spoiled because there were so many good till great World Championships recently. But after a reasearch I have to admit that the two first rounds of 2018 were definitely not better than this year (2017 was though). So there's still hope.

Comment

• Oh, and by the way: again I'm already annoyed by Kyren Wilson and his whole... well, dunno, existAnce.

It's a hater thing, I guess...
      "That pocket moved!"

Comment

• Originally Posted by neuronic View Post
        Oh, and by the way: again I'm already annoyed by Kyren Wilson and his whole... well, dunno, existAnce.

It's a hater thing, I guess...
        Yeah, but he's a Proud Dad though, so we must respect the boring c***.
        Oh, and that's a bad miss.

Comment

• Originally Posted by nevets View Post
          Yeah, but he's a Proud Dad though, so we must respect the boring c***.
          Nice.

-
          The fast and the furious,
          The slow and labourious,
          All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

• Annoys me too - only because he does that thunderbird puppet impression walking into the shot

Comment

• Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
              That and the rubbing the shaft with his hand pre shot routine [ which virtually every one does now ] drives me nuts ……...can't watch him play .

Ever since Ronnie started with cue wxxking ……….every bugger down the club now does it as well
              Haha, so true.
              Next your fellow club players will be shaving their heads after a bad spell.
              Also re Kyren I've noticed that ever so slight jitter when he delivers the cue.

Comment

• The general attitude towards Wilson on here is another clue that he may indeed be the next Selby. :wink:

Comment

• Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
                  The general attitude towards Wilson on here is another clue that he may indeed be the next Selby. :wink:
                  Unless Selby returns and brings his A game

Comment

The general attitude towards Wilson on here is another clue that he may indeed be the next Selby. :wink:
                    Three-time winner at the Worlds and the Masters? 215 consecutive weeks of being No.1? "The Torturer"?
                    We'll see about that...
                    "That pocket moved!"

Comment

• I felt a bit ambivalent about this year's tournament so far, but when I think about it I enjoyed:
                      O'Sullivan-Cahill, Cahill-Maguire, Maguire-Penfei, Selby-Xintong, Selby-Wilson, Trump-Thepchaiya, Wilson Hawkins, the bit I saw of Higgins vs Bingham and the last session of Trump vs Ding.

The quarter-finals look like great matches all round, so I think it's just the fact that there've been too many batterings in the early stages to make late-night highlights worth watching.

Comment

Selby has also developed another habit, he has a frequent mouth twitch when under pressure.

Comment

• Originally Posted by mikeyd100 View Post
                          Selby has also developed another habit, he has a frequent mouth twitch when under pressure.
                          I think Ding is the king of twitching under pressure though, his eye always looks like it's going to explode. :smile:

Comment

I think Ding is the king of twitching under pressure though, his eye always looks like it's going to explode. :smile:
                            I had that eye twitching thing because of my job too so i feel for him. At least the stress didnt take the better of him as he has great career.

Comment

Good point, he has had that for years now.
                              So many oddities we've all noticed...... gonna analyse myself now

Comment

• 109, 86, and a 134 from Garry to go 4 - 3 up, C'mon bonny lad!

-
                                The fast and the furious,
                                The slow and labourious,
                                All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

Working...
                                X