• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• and three cushion

Comment

• Originally Posted by the lone wolf View Post
      CUSHIONS?
      What's going on...
      We already have cloth, balls and kick issues. Now the cushions are ping ponging all over the place.
      Surely WS needs to take a closer look at the consistency of the equipment they choose to use?
      Simple answer is to swap (or at least trial) the Rasson tables.
      "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• I don't actually believe it is a table issue the problem with kicks and bounces. I think this is down to the cloth. I think its time world snooker went to a much thicker cloth on the bed and cushions. It won't suit a lot of players as scoring will be harder, but it will definitely improve the consistency of conditions, I guess its a trade off.

ROS has mentioned on a few occasions that they need to make tables a bit slower so a thicker nap on cloth and also balls not opening up so easily. Players will need to be more creative or learn to be more accurate with power. Trump will still open the balls up because he has that talent, but soft hitters like Williams, Allen and Ding will need to change their games to compete.

Comment

• Dave Gilbert always looks like he's possibly the nicest man on earth, doesn't he? Especially standing next to ol' grumpy Cpt. Carter waiting backstage....
          "That pocket moved!"

Comment

• Originally Posted by neuronic View Post
            Dave Gilbert always looks like he's possibly the nicest man on earth, doesn't he? Especially standing next to ol' grumpy Cpt. Carter waiting backstage....
            He does indeed.

Comment

• Again, we hear about Wilson's son in his intro. And you can't call him "The Daddy" when John Higgins is still in!
              Oh, and that's a bad miss.

Comment

• Originally Posted by nevets View Post
                Again, we hear about Wilson's son in his intro. And you can't call him "The Daddy" when John Higgins is still in!
                Wilson has a son?? You think they'd mention it occasionally, wouldn't you?
                "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

Again, we hear about Wilson's son in his intro. And you can't call him "The Daddy" when John Higgins is still in!
                  Oh, are we raving about Kyren Wilsons multiple annoyingnesses again? Yay!
                  "That pocket moved!"

Comment

CUSHIONS?
                    What's going on...
                    We already have cloth, balls and kick issues. Now the cushions are ping ponging all over the place.
                    Surely WS needs to take a closer look at the consistency of the equipment they choose to use?
                    Pressume it's the fitters rather than the equipment. Regardless, it's not a new issue. It's just part of the game. Snooker pros should just be less fussy. They should be able to play on any table, with any cue etc it's their job

Comment

• Originally Posted by Billy View Post
                      Wilson has a son?? You think they'd mention it occasionally, wouldn't you?
                      If he beats Gilbert I hope Higgins beats him in the semi then whispers in his ear "Who's the daddy?".

Comment

CUSHIONS?
                        What's going on...
                        I enjoyed the placebo cushion rub, very amusing. I can imagine the conversation between the fitters just before it.

-
                        The fast and the furious,
                        The slow and labourious,
                        All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

• Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post
                          I enjoyed the placebo cushion rub, very amusing. I can imagine the conversation between the fitters just before it.

-
                          I think if anything it made them worse!

Comment

I think if anything it made them worse!
                            I very much doubt that. :smile:

-
                            The fast and the furious,
                            The slow and labourious,
                            All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

CUSHIONS?
                              What's going on...
                              Maybe they need to get away from the inconsistencies of wood and start using more stable synthetic materials in the cushion rails.
                              You would expect steel backs to be pretty consistent but it would not surprise me if the wood moves with the changes in environment.
                              Could also be the bonding of the rubbers.

Comment

• 2019 World Snooker Championship

Isn't the Rasson table cushion rails a resin Infused timber?

Comment

Working...
                                X