• Show
Clear All

• jrc750
    replied
    Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post
    All to do now.... -
    Looking like a good start tho

Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post
    I'd say it's also a generational thing. Younger ladies are probably more likely to be offended by it, whereas my Mrs sees it as an affectionate term. -
    Surely you mean "my missus"

Leave a comment:

• narl
    replied
    I take it Del Boy Hearn is just back from his Holidays judging by how red his Face was in that interview. Red as a freshly smacked arse.

Leave a comment:

• PatBlock
    replied
    Originally Posted by Stony152 View Post
    That's interesting. Mark Williams is Welsh and he used that term. I've also heard Gilbert and Milkins say it.
    I'd say it's also a generational thing. Younger ladies are probably more likely to be offended by it, whereas my Mrs sees it as an affectionate term.

-

Leave a comment:

• Stony152
    replied
    Originally Posted by gavpowell View Post
    It's more an old-fashioned thing common in working class areas, so the North of England, the East End of London etc.
    That's interesting. Mark Williams is Welsh and he used that term. I've also heard Gilbert and Milkins say it.

Leave a comment:

• PatBlock
    replied
    Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
    Just need Robbo to sort himself out now !
    All to do now....

-

Leave a comment:

• Billy
    replied
    I'm talking about what he says later. Start listening at 3:40.

"They all went in today, but they don't go in every day. That's probably why he hasn't won anything"
    Ah. Still, I don't see anything wrong in that statement.

Leave a comment:

• PatBlock
    replied
    Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
    What a bone statement that is from Carter. No one deserves to be world champion other than the guy who "wins" it.
    Bit of pride recovered for Mags, couple of centuries helping to get him to 6 frames, too little too late though. Judd marches on....

-

Leave a comment:

• gavpowell
    replied
    Do all British guys say "my missus" instead of "my wife" or is it a regional thing? It sounds just as condescending as "the wife" to my North American ears.
    It's more an old-fashioned thing common in working class areas, so the North of England, the East End of London etc.

Leave a comment:

• Stony152
    replied
    Originally Posted by Billy View Post
    It's about 10 seconds in - one of the first things he says.

But my criticism wasn't aimed at you, Stony. It was towards a later poster.
    I'm talking about what he says later. Start listening at 3:40.

"They all went in today, but they don't go in every day. That's probably why he hasn't won anything"

Leave a comment:

• jrc750
    replied
    Well that's Trump a little closer, well done.
    Just need Robbo to sort himself out now !

Leave a comment:

• Cue crafty
    replied
    Originally Posted by Rane View Post
    He´s turning a bit into a new Jimmy White (White beeing much more likeable though) , stating after the last 16 that he deserved to be world champion.I think he missed his best years beeing sick, and I don´t see him as a potential worldchampion any more, but he has never really been able to stand up to O´Sullivan and Higgins. And these days many more has come in front of him. One title in two years isn´t really convincing to me.
    What a bone statement that is from Carter. No one deserves to be world champion other than the guy who "wins" it.

Leave a comment:

• JimMalone
    replied
    Robertson is way to aggressive now. I think he feels that he must be now and force his chances and that backfires.

Leave a comment:

• Mark187187
    replied
    I need to listen to it again, but I thought he said "that's why Wilson hasn't won anything" when talking about Wilson going for every long pot. It had a very negative connotation.
    No, he said it whilst saying that Wilson should be the favorite for the tournament and had had the performance of a lifetime. It was pretty clear. When he said Wilson was taking every long pot, that wasn't a criticism either. He said fair play, he went for every long pot and got them. Said that he'd underestimated how good he was.

He had a good old moan afterwards, but I thought he came across well compared to usual.

Leave a comment:

• Billy
    replied
    I need to listen to it again, but I thought he said "that's why Wilson hasn't won anything" when talking about Wilson going for every long pot. It had a very negative connotation.
    It's about 10 seconds in - one of the first things he says.

But my criticism wasn't aimed at you, Stony. It was towards a later poster.

Leave a comment:

• Stony152
    replied
    Originally Posted by Billy View Post
    That's correct, Mark, "hadn't won anything".

This needs to be repeated. You're free not to like the guy, but don't criticise him for saying something he didn't. I think some people hear what they want to hear.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X