2019 World Open

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by JimMalone View Post
    I'd like to see the Thai match, which would be really something different. I'm a bit tired of seeing the same players over and over again. Though Allen - Gilbert doesn't directly fall into that category. And it's not as if Akani and Un-Nooh couldn't play.
    I would happily watch it as well if it was the only match on. But given the choice between all four available matches? No way, Akani vs Un-Nooh is the only match that doesn't have any world-class players involved. And it's not as if Selby and Bingham play each other all time, is it? Nor do Allen and Gilbert for that matter. But anyway, people just have different tastes I suppose.

Comment

Originally Posted by Odrl View Post

I would happily watch it as well if it was the only match on. But given the choice between all four available matches? No way, Akani vs Un-Nooh is the only match that doesn't have any world-class players involved. And it's not as if Selby and Bingham play each other all time, is it? Nor do Allen and Gilbert for that matter. But anyway, people just have different tastes I suppose.
      Well, Selby - Bingham is the obvious match to show and also for me the most interesting one, though I'm biased as a Selby fan, but even then I usually would prefer other matches between closer players then his early matches, which Eurosport shows even if he plays somebody like Billy Joe Castle or Gerard Greene. Which is no offense to them, but I'd rather watch something like Zhou Yuelong vs. Robert Milkins, where the winner is tougher to predict. I'd prefer this to matches involving world class players that might be one-sided. Though I agree that the winner between Allen and Gilbert could be anybody as well.

So for tomorrow: Selby - Bingham my #1 choice. But the three others really are a toss-up and for a change I'd really like to see a Thai duel.
      Last edited by JimMalone; 30 October 2019, 08:49 PM.

Comment

I love the David v Goliath encounters where the underdog wins. I was really pleased for Dom when he beat Ronnie .Would be great if Gilbert managed to win the competition , he's been knocking on the door a few times but the competition is so tough . If Dott continues to play to that level he could be a real contender, should be some very interesting matches ahead!

Comment

Well , surely Stuart Bingham has put himself as a contender for the performance of the season award !!! 2 Nil down to Selby and then scores breaks of 108 , 97 , 114 , 104 & 117 . Restricting Selby to just 16 points in those 5 frames . Hats off to Stuart .
          Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Stuart played amazingly well, those two doubles to the middle ! , looked like he could do no wrong out there . Selby on the receiving end for once

Comment

That scoreline by Bingham looks phenomenal.

Comment

Yeah, fantastic performance from Bingham, taking virtually all of his scoring chances from 2-0 down. I don't think anyone will play better all season.

I even got my wish with Gilbert and Allen getting the other TV table, although it seems like Higgins-Dott turned out to be the better match after all.

Comment

Great to see Zhou through to the quarterfinals. Is he finally playing again due to his abilities?

Comment

Wow, just saw the Bingham score line frame by frame...
                    "That pocket moved!"

Comment

Well done Un-Nooh keeping the faith and working to the end
                      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Just read a FB post from Raymond of Exquisite Cues. Said that Higgins has got a new cue. He picked one out from Greenbeize and has had it altered by Raymond. Bit of splicing etc.

Comment

once a tinkerer, always a tinkerer

is it a Raymo cue picked up from GBL or a GBL cue?

Comment

so tomorrow - make sure your recorder is on so you can slow it down a bit

Trump has the edge 3 to 1 wins
                            and Trump will have good memories of the last one as it was in the L32 at the WSC this year and that was down to a decider
                            all others were years ago

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                              once a tinkerer, always a tinkerer
                              is it a Raymo cue picked up from GBL or a GBL cue?
                              Don’t think it was an Exquisite Cue. Post said something along the lines of “Stuart Green searched thru his extensive stock to find a shaft that John was happy with”. Apparently John is quite picky about grain etc. Guessing it could have been any make of cue. GBL, Maximus, Praram etc.
                              PS Dean, in case you’re interested Raymond said John’s new cue is 9.8mm 57” 29.8mm 17.5oz.
                              Last edited by Nifty50; 2 November 2019, 05:23 PM.

Comment

cheers for the info
                                the same as his previous apart from 17.5 instead of 17.4

but make unknown

still Kamui tip?
                                Last edited by DeanH; 2 November 2019, 05:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X