2019 World Open

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Nifty50 View Post
    Just read a FB post from Raymond of Exquisite Cues. Said that Higgins has got a new cue. He picked one out from Greenbeize and has had it altered by Raymond. Bit of splicing etc.
    Probably to move the flat to the other side as John prefers the arrows pointing at him rather than to the cue ball. Most cues have the flat and the arrows pointing to the tip on the same side, that's how I make mine as well.
    Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
    but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

Quite an enjoyable day today in terms of drama and excitement, but for a major ranking semi-final the standard was pretty poor. Only a handful of breaks over 50 between the four players today...

I don't know, even though Trump has been struggling all week, I can't really see Un-Nooh taking more than 4 or 5 frames off him tomorrow. He just throws so many frames away through carelessness and poor decision-making, while Trump has got used to winning these major matches now. But then again, you can never be sure of anything in snooker.

Comment

Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
        Quite an enjoyable day today in terms of drama and excitement, but for a major ranking semi-final the standard was pretty poor. Only a handful of breaks over 50 between the four players today...

I don't know, even though Trump has been struggling all week, I can't really see Un-Nooh taking more than 4 or 5 frames off him tomorrow. He just throws so many frames away through carelessness and poor decision-making, while Trump has got used to winning these major matches now. But then again, you can never be sure of anything in snooker.
        Un-Nooh ran Trump very close in the world championships and gave him a good fright , he was very reluctant to admit defeat in the last frame then. I hope he shows the same doggedness and determination tomorrow , tempered with a cool head and slows a tad on impulsive shots. It would be great for snooker if he won tomorrow. I am a big fan of the Thailand players. No one puts in as much hours practising as Akani either .

Comment

what a respotted black to finish this session

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
            cheers for the info
            the same as his previous apart from 17.5 instead of 17.4

but make unknown

still Kamui tip?
            No mention of tip but assume Kamui. Another bit of info. John has given Raymond back his Exquisite No 388. Wonder if it will find its way back on to the market.
            Last edited by Nifty50; 3 November 2019, 04:29 PM.

Comment

Just seen that Trumps AST is quicker than Un-Nooh.

Comment

Un-Nooh = this shows he is taking longer on is shots when he gets a chance
                Trump slightly faster than is season average that shows he is in the grove
                Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

this final is the 12th in modern times where both players are left handed (not ambi - like ROS)
                  and Trump has a good record against fellow lefties 3-1, and I am sure this will become 4-1 very soon
                  Last edited by DeanH; 3 November 2019, 12:53 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                    this final is the 12th in modern times where both players are left handed (not ambi - like ROS)
                    and Trump has a good record against fellow lefties 3-1, and I am sure this will become 4-1 very soon
                    Trump is always playing ambi as he is naturally right handed, I think he plays rest shots right handed.
                    This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                    https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Slight anti-climax in the final then, but we knew this was very likely to happen today. Trump is just such a strong winner at the moment, winning three of the last four really big ranking events, and along with the Masters and another two titles from last season, he now actually holds six titles at the same time. Of the players aged below 40, only Selby has been able to do something similar. It will be interesting to see how many more titles Trump can add over the course of the season.

As for Un-Nooh, nice to see him making a step up and reaching his first proper final, but he doesn't quite have the class to compete with the best players in the world in these big matches. Hopefully he can work a little on his obvious weaknesses and come back stronger again.

Comment

Originally Posted by Nifty50 View Post

No mention of tip but assume Kamui. Another bit of info. John has given Stu back his Exquisite No 388. Wonder if it will find its way back on to the market.
                        John gave the cue to Raymond (ie Exquisite cues,) not Stu

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post

Trump is always playing ambi as he is naturally right handed, I think he plays rest shots right handed.

always a conversation point - I have Trump as left handed - who also plays some shots with the right. I am sure he could play a whole frame/match right handed but he would probably not want to
                          Many left-handed players play the rest with right hand - not talking rest shots here
                          He may even write and east right-handed but not talking that here

ROS I have as Both, as he can and does and has played any and all shots with either (but rest shot always with the Right unless anyone can point me to a shot when he does it Left )

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post

John gave the cue to Raymond (ie Exquisite cues,) not Stu
                            Thx. Miss typed. Corrected my post.

Comment

Trump is on another level to the rest. It's hard to see anyone beat him over a distance.

Comment

Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
                                As for Un-Nooh, nice to see him making a step up and reaching his first proper final, but he doesn't quite have the class to compete with the best players in the world in these big matches.
                                I disagree there, Un Nooh has plenty of class and is the most talented of the asian players, just lacks the experience of playing in finals. This will give him a leg up for sure and I look forward to him coming of age in the near future.
                                Look at how long it took Trump to compete at the top level.

BTW that decision by the ref that Un Nooh could see a red full ball at the back of the pack with colours and other reds in the way was more than a bit iffy and put undue pressure on the third attempt. I would have disputed that and demanded a second opinion.
                                Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
                                but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

Working...
                                X