Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hendry's increased his lead on Day by 5 frames, at 10-5 presently.
    "And I'd give him my right arm to have his cue action - poetry in motion."

Ronnie O'Sullivan on Steve Davis

Comment

• Got a feeling there will be a third 147 in this tournament and probably by Ronnie again! Well done to Ali Carter and what a great final black under the most severe pressure
      "Statistics won't tell you much about me. I play for love, not records."

ALEX HIGGINS

Comment

• I must say the standard of the Hendry-Day match is quite poor. As expected Day is giving Stephen a helping hand to make it through the semi-finals, and who knows what will happen there..

Comment

• Carter - Ebdon 9 - 7
          Hendry - Day 11 - 5
          ....its not called potting its called snooker. Quote: WildJONESEYE
          "Its called snooker not potting" Quote: Rory McLeod

Comment

• Captain and Ronnie to share Bentley?

Originally Posted by The Boss View Post
            I'm sure Ronnie will enjoy sharing the money with his old pal
            Well at least it wasn't the old nemesis, but Ronnie's practice partner. I'm sure that softens the blow of sharing the money. Maybe Ali and Ronnie can share the Bentley?
            sigpic
            Arthur Herbert Fonzarelli

Comment

• BBC has got the order of play wrong, again... here is the correct one:

Wednesday April 30
              QF2 - Ronnie O'Sullivan 4-4 Liang Wenbo
              QF3 - Allister Carter 9-7 Peter Ebdon
              QF1 - Ryan Day 5-11 Stephen Hendry
              QF4 - Stephen Maguire 4-4 Joe Perry
              QF2 - Ronnie O'Sullivan x-x Liang Wenbo
              QF4 - Stephen Maguire x-x Joe Perry
              Last edited by hegeland; 29 April 2008, 09:55 PM.

Comment

• Originally Posted by rivercard View Post
                I must say the standard of the Hendry-Day match is quite poor. As expected Day is giving Stephen a helping hand to make it through the semi-finals, and who knows what will happen there..
                Are you implying Day isn't trying his best on purpose?

Comment

I must say the standard of the Hendry-Day match is quite poor. As expected Day is giving Stephen a helping hand to make it through the semi-finals, and who knows what will happen there..
                  I'm a bit sick of the Hendry bashing that's going off.

He wiped the floor with Day this morning, and did what he had to do tonight. You can only beat what is in front of you, let's be real.

I had a cheeky bet at the start of the tournament that there'd be more than 1 147 this year... Modesty prevents me from saying how much I had on, but I got 33/1 against it.

Comment

• Cyborg Malfunctions

Originally Posted by Rane View Post
                    BTW. how many times has Ebdon broken down on a 147 attempt at the cruicible. As far as I remember, he got above 100 on two or three occasions in 2006.
                    The Cyborg is programmed to beat his opponent, so maybe when the frame is won, he isn't programmed to clear up for a maximum?
                    sigpic
                    Arthur Herbert Fonzarelli

Comment

tonight it was a bit scrappy for both players, the balls seem to run badly and both players had kicks at the wrong time which cost them both frames. they both seemed to pull each other down. Hopefully tonight is hendrys worst session of the championship and he can improve for his semifinal on thursday after hes won his 2 frames tommorow.

Comment

• Originally Posted by The Boss View Post
                        The Cyborg is programmed to beat his opponent, so maybe when the frame is won, he isn't programmed to clear up for a maximum?
                        LOL best comment of the evening.
                        ....its not called potting its called snooker. Quote: WildJONESEYE
                        "Its called snooker not potting" Quote: Rory McLeod

Comment

• ronnie never change.
                          http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/290420...on-issues.html

Comment

• Originally Posted by Marc View Post
                            tonight it was a bit scrappy for both players, the balls seem to run badly and both players had kicks at the wrong time which cost them both frames. they both seemed to pull each other down. Hopefully tonight is hendrys worst session of the championship and he can improve for his semifinal on thursday after hes won his 2 frames tommorow.
                            have to agree. the night session was poor. bad misses. bad position. lots of kicks....bad session for both, with Hendry the happier due to being close to the finish line

Comment

• Will Ronnie vs Wenbo be on at 10am on eurospoort?

Comment

• Originally Posted by aderion View Post
                                I haven't see any of the frames he's played with Wenbo, how's he been playing?

Comment

Working...
                                X