X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boss spotted her

Originally Posted by spike View Post
    anyone noticed the gorgeous blonde sitting near to where ROS seat is?
    I think Ronnie was trying hard not to
    sigpic
    Arthur Herbert Fonzarelli

Comment

• Ha ha, i'm sure he was
      "Statistics won't tell you much about me. I play for love, not records."

ALEX HIGGINS

Comment

• Originally Posted by Black_cat View Post
        Technical question: is it common for the positional play to suffer after changing tips? I mean it normally is Ronnie's strong point and it has been completely yuck tonight. And yes, I'm trying to understand the phenomenon, not looking for excuses here.
        How come long ones go in, safeties are decent and yet positionally things can suck? And I'm not saying Ronnie did change tip nor starting rumours, I was just asking the people here playing the game if there is a technical explanation for this.
        I know you ask for a technical explanation, but I guess it´s a question of feeling the tension and getting a little nervous.
        ....its not called potting its called snooker. Quote: WildJONESEYE
        "Its called snooker not potting" Quote: Rory McLeod

Comment

• Originally Posted by Black_cat View Post
          Technical question: is it common for the positional play to suffer after changing tips? I mean it normally is Ronnie's strong point and it has been completely yuck tonight. And yes, I'm trying to understand the phenomenon, not looking for excuses here.
          How come long ones go in, safeties are decent and yet positionally things can suck? And I'm not saying Ronnie did change tip nor starting rumours, I was just asking the people here playing the game if there is a technical explanation for this.
          The bbc commenatators and pundits have mentioned on previous occassins that new tips can affect positional play. But as you say there is no evidence this is the case here.

They also keep mentioning the pressure of the situation, and that Ronnie can be a great 'touch' player. Sometimes the control of this 'touch' can be affected by pressure. A bit of tension in the body or too much adrenalin and the fluency and timing and smoothness of the stroke can all go wrong.
          "You can shove your snooker up your jacksie 'cos I aint playing no more!" Alex Higgins.

Comment

• Does anyone know the name of the tune that's played on the BBC's coverage whenever they're showing the draw or (more recently) who the finalists have beaten with the headshots and rotating cup in the background?

Comment

• Originally Posted by Marc View Post
              Carter closes the gap to 8-4 at the mid session interval .... hes had more chances already from osullivan compared to what hendry had in his whole semifinal.

Typical that Ronnie should play his perfect snooker against Stephen!
              Winner of Crucible 77's 2009 World Championship Lucky Dip.

Comment

• I think Hendry brought out the best in Ronnie. Ronnie knew Hendry was in form and playing well so he raised his game, just as he did against Mark Williams who was also in good form. I think he feels he can win the final with his B game (which is probably true)

Comment

• Lol, did you see Carters black ball ?

Comment

• looooooool unbe******lievable fluke shot by carter... it looked more like a baskeball shot...

Comment

• allister is driving me crazy... come on, it's not fun like that.
                      "It's a massive achievement getting to the world final, but all I did was winning four snooker matches." Mark Selby

Comment

• When Carter can´t take a frame like that one, it´s difficult to see him turn things around.
                        ....its not called potting its called snooker. Quote: WildJONESEYE
                        "Its called snooker not potting" Quote: Rory McLeod

Comment

• Originally Posted by Rane View Post
                          When Carter can´t take a frame like that one, it´s difficult to see him turn things around.
                          well, just look at him. already in yesterday's evening session his body language said he was feeling uncomfortable. he's just not there. I seriously think he can't do it, he just wont get the momentum in a state like that. it's not like ronnie is playing superior, he's left alli enough chances but the captain is just not in the mental state to take them.
                          sad enough.
                          "It's a massive achievement getting to the world final, but all I did was winning four snooker matches." Mark Selby

Comment

• 13-5 coming up

Comment

• Carter wouldn't win this game if he started 10-0 up, and not because Ronnie plays well. He's too satisfied, too tired, too scared and by far too intimidated by Ronnie. He even breaks down when he's about to win the occasional frame. The only question is, will this be done in this session?

Comment

• Btw, the resemblance to 04 is uncanny. Ronnie plays some divine snooker in the semis to beat Hendry by a country mile, while the other semi is a really tough, mentally exhausting affair (Dott-Stevens 17-16, I think). In the final, his adversary plays his first ever ranking final and never really believes he can win it.

Although in that final, at least Dott had an early lead to let us believe it actually was exciting.

Comment

Working...
                                X