Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ronnie's not playing 100%, i'd probably give him an 85% at most, but he still pulled off some ridiculously amazing shots and has made some great clearances. In this match, he completely deserves the title.

Comment

• Originally Posted by rivercard View Post
      Some will disagree with me, but Ronnie looks rather disinterested. He was really up for the Hendry match, but not really for this one. Obviously, seeing your opponent struggling can have a bad effect on your game, and I think this happened to Ronnie as well.

He still played the better snooker, but the final is not a classic so far (and I don't think that will change).
      yes, so far it has been a poor final neither player has found any rhythm. but i'm keeping my fingers crossed til Ronnie crosses the finishing line

Comment

• It's never over till it's over
        "Statistics won't tell you much about me. I play for love, not records."

ALEX HIGGINS

Comment

• Both players extremely tired and tense ... none very confident.
          Typical final It's day 17 and what's at stake is huge ....
          Proud winner of the 2008 Bahrain Championship Lucky Dip
          http://ronnieosullivan.tv/forum/index.php

Comment

• This final is the worst ever. I was more exited in the first round matches. What a shame it had to end like this.

Comment

• Carter more tired than ROS but yes O Sullivan is showing some signs of fatigue! Also with such a big lead he can afford to relax and knows it pretty much in the bag and can afford for his form to dip slightly

ALEX HIGGINS

Comment

• Originally Posted by spike View Post
                It's never over till it's over
                O'Sullivan may go for a run and break his leg.
                TSF World Champion 2010
                TSF Snooker Prediction Contest Overall Champion 2006/07
                BBC Snooker Prediction Contest Overall Champion 2005/06

Comment

• Such a boring final! Both players look totally uninterested.

If Ronnie played like this against Stephen, that match would have been a lot closer.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Alex0paul View Post
                    O'Sullivan may go for a run and break his leg.
                    Even if he did, in this event i hope he'd do an alex higgins and hop around on crutches to try to win his last 3 frames.

Originally Posted by hegeland View Post
                    Such a boring final! Both players look totally uninterested.
                    Agree that it hasnt taken off atall. Some matches go flat, with each player dragging the other down in a way with mistakes and less than great play.

Im sure its not the case that they are not interested though !
                    "You can shove your snooker up your jacksie 'cos I aint playing no more!" Alex Higgins.

Comment

• Think most people feel the same as you do hedge! Normally look forward to a Bank Holiday evening for an exciting, tense finish and but this isn't going to be one of them! Who knows it could finish by 8:30pm and i might be able to catch the 2nd installment of corrie

ALEX HIGGINS

Comment

• I know they should be interested, but like you said some matches just never take off and this was (is?) one of them. That's sport.

Ronnie's been in the lead comfortably all the time, Carter seemed to think he didn't belong in the final. I mean, the guy is a great snooker player, but he is no winner. Never has, never will. It takes a certain kind of mentality.

I want to see either an error-filled but close match or a one-sided match with great snooker. This one is both one-sided and error-filled.

Edit: "There has been much to enjoy in the final so far". Now why am I not surprised they (WSA) would write something like that?

Comment

• Yeah that's right, for the most part he's looked like a rabbit caught in headlight's!

ALEX HIGGINS

Comment

• I wonder if this will be critisized as much as the 2006 final. I doubt it because Ronnie's in it! O'Sullivan is playing to his C game and Carter is probably at his P game. The irritating thing is people are saying oh what a player O'Sullivan is because he is winning despite not playing his best as if Carter is.

Edited to add that Phil Yates is the most punchable bloke ever.
                            Last edited by Alex0paul; 5 May 2008, 05:49 PM.
                            TSF World Champion 2010
                            TSF Snooker Prediction Contest Overall Champion 2006/07
                            BBC Snooker Prediction Contest Overall Champion 2005/06

Comment

• What's wrong with Phil Yates?

ALEX HIGGINS

Comment

• Well, while the 2006 final didn't offer much great snooker, it was still exciting because it was quite a tensed and close game.

This time it's nothing but a big yawn. Carter seemed to think it was all over before it even started ("if I'm there in the final session") and ever since the first few frames he has looked as if he wanted to hand the trophy to O'Sullivan and go home. I have rarely seen a guy that looked like such a loser from frame one. It's obvious that he has never thought he would have even half a chance in this match, which is sad.

Even Hendry seemed more fired up, and at a point where he was even more behind than Carter was!

Comment

Working...
                                X