No announcement yet.

World Championship 2006

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

he used the F word when he played a poor positional shot and although you couldn't hear it the ref was right next to him and warned him about it. New rules now state that a player can be docked a frame if they use bad language during play.
    As for his tip, he has had a few put on the cue but he still isn't happy with it and keeps changing them between sessions. I find it very strange because all tips need time to bed in, you can't keep putting on a new one and expect it to play well immediately. I think Ronnie is either looking for excuses or is losing it mentally. He isn't exactly playing that bad, just needs to give the tip time to settle.

Comment

Originally Posted by cueman
      My quarter final predictions are -

QF1 Murphy vs Ebdon - I think Murphy should come through the opening two matches, regardless who he plays out of Davis v Hicks. Ebdon always steps up his game for the WC, remember last year against Ronnie!

QF2 Stevens vs McManus - I think if Stevens wins his opening match he is likely to go on a run again, the Crucible brings the best out of him. McManus has a fairly easy draw, FU has done nothing all season, Maguire and King have struggled too so I can see him getting through to the QF.

QF3 Hendry vs Robertson - Can't see anything other than these two making it through, maybe Lee may beat Robertson but thats how I see it.

QF4 Williams vs O'Sullivan - I think Higgins may be suffering with losing his last two finals, thats why I see Williams making it through. O'Sullivan has a fairly easy draw and unless there is a major shock he is an absolute cert for the quarters IMO.

For me it boils down to two things, firstly if Higgins should beat Williams then I fancy him to get to the final, if not then Ronnie should make it through, the only player I can see beating Ronnie would be Higgins.
      In the other half, Murphy on paper has an easier draw, if he gets past Ebdon (if he plays him) I can see him reaching the final again. However, my prediction is Ebdon vs O'Sullivan final.

My predictions are terrible though, and this is likely to be the year of shocks in every match!

Not bad predictions if I say so myself. Two out of four quarters predicted perfectly.

Comment

Well done Cueman. I went for an Ebdon v Williams final. I have to be happy with Ebdon's score but I think he was in a similar situation in last year's semi and Murphy still beat him, even so as there are only 2 sessions left Ebdon should win.

As for Williams v O'Sullivan I think of the two Williams is most likely to hit top form and win 4-5 frames in a row.

Doherty is playing really well at times and with the added incentive now of going for the number one ranking he could be hard to beat.

Dott looks like beating Robertson but I don't think he can beat Williams or O'Sullivan over 33 frames.
        2009 Shanghai Masters Lucky Dip Champion
        2010/11 Overall Prediction Champion

Comment

Hi everyone!

I just switched on the telly and watched the last frame of Dott-Robertson. What a cracker!

The last update I got was that Dott was leading Robertson 12-8. What happened afterwards? Did Neil start to play incredibly well or couldn't Dott hold it together? How did the match go to 12-12???

Comment

The Dott-Robertson final session was heck of a beauty. Robertson fought back brilliantly after Dott missed a red in the corner pocket. Dott went to pieces after that and the Aussie enjoyed winning four frames in a row to level the things up at 12-12. Too bad he made that poor decision on the final yellow!!!! I would have loved to see him in the semis!! He's such a gifted player!
            Ton Praram III Series 1 | 58" 18.4oz 9.4mm | ash shaft + 4 splices of Brazilian Rosewood | Grand Cue medium tips

Comment

it was a really enjoyable match to watch, Erwan's right about the yellow, "anything but thick" and use the brown to hold the white on the cushion to snooker Dott behind the blue.... he did fantastic to come back from 12-8 did The Machine; not a lot to learn, nearly there. (still some spectators asleep in the crowd though!), he'd've loved a shot at Ronnie if they were to meet. Now Dott's got a chance of another final.
              Head Still... Follow Through... Keep it Tight... Never Give Up... Ton 'em if you can!

Comment

Ronnie leading 8-5 at the moment. Any guesses who is gonna win?
                Who needs 'The Rocket' , When RaNeN is here!

Comment

10-6 to Ronnie now. Come on Ronnie!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Ronnie is through so is Ebdon.
                    I feel its gonna be a Ronnie Vs Ebdon final.
                    Ronnie is gonna get his last years revenge!

Comment

Ronnie leading 5-3.
                      Ebdon,Fu 4-4.

Comment

Ronnie 8-8 Dott.
                        Ronnie's already changed 21 tips!!!!

Looks like it a good bye for Fu.
                        Ebdon leading 15-9.

Comment

O'Sullivan 8 Dott 16
                          Unbelievable!!!!!!!!!
                          2009 Shanghai Masters Lucky Dip Champion
                          2010/11 Overall Prediction Champion

Comment

DAMN IT! Whats wrong with Ronnie. Come on Ronnie you still have a chance.

Comment

I think Ronnie is going to win atleast 3 frames before he loses(hopefully not).

Comment

Dodgy

Given the snooker gambling history and Quentin Hanns subsequent suspension, I believe that Ronnie O'Sullivan needs to be investigated. His results in previous tournaments and this semi final leave serious doubts into his integrity. I havent seen the games live but seriously come on. Dott has proved in the past his quality but 8 frames without reply?

Comment

Working...
                                X