No announcement yet.

World Championship 2006

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well it does make you wonder but I doubt Ronnie would risk getting banned from the game which has been such a massive part of his life.

I have watched all of O'Sullivans matches this season and since he lost to Higgins in the final frame in the Masters final he seems to have lost confidence in his ability. That defeat really hurt O'Sullivan and he looked close to tears at the end of that match. I seriously doubt we will see Ronnie perform to the levels he has in the past and this might just be the beginning of the end for the Rocket.

Comment

Quite frankly, I'm not surprised to see Ronnie deep in the hole. I watched the first session yesterday, I was really wondering what the hell he was doing! He was smashing the balls, the object ball hitting the cushion 5 inches off the pocket...It was just rificulous. Even myself, I could have had a better safety game!!
      And I can remember having asked myself "wouldn't he be doing it ON PURPOSE???" Not for a gambling story, or whatever, but just because he might have been fed up by his tips or I don't know what else. [Hell!!! 23 tips in just 2 weeks!!! This guy has a brain cramp! Of course, it can happen not to be satisfied with a tip, so you put another one....But 23???? Dammit, it's all in his bloddy head!]
      He was so weird on the table. He even "played" with the cameraman at a time, making vitual kisses to the cam!! Completely out of his game...
      Ton Praram III Series 1 | 58" 18.4oz 9.4mm | ash shaft + 4 splices of Brazilian Rosewood | Grand Cue medium tips

Comment

I never thought about it that way. He hurt his arm , was not well. So his previous matches have been a complete washout. Specially after losing the Masters final to Higgins. That will definately hurt any player making a 64 break and then the oponnent replies with a clearance....thats just snooker at its best.

I hope he isnt into fixing. Ill have to start hating snooker if it is.
        Who needs 'The Rocket' , When RaNeN is here!

Comment

WOW , Its a great fight back by Fu. Its 15-16 now. DAMN IT!!!! Why cant I see these matches. Why does BBC show snooker to UK members when they can watch it on TV? Why not worldwide? People from all over the world are eager to watch snooker.

Comment

16-16 all now. Its the decider!

Comment

Looks like Ebdon is finally through. Its 59-13 at the moment.

Comment

Its 67-13 Fu's at the table.

Comment

Its all over for the Asian. Ebdons through!
                  If Fu can fight back so nicely , I cant see any reason why Ronnie cant.
                  Come on Ronnie!

Comment

Fu should have never gone for this long red. It was careless to do that but he fancied his chances I guess. Anyway, congratulations to Peter Ebdon who held his nerves together, although there were finally some tears almost rolling down his cheeks. Nice one!!

Comment

DAMN EVERYTHING!!!!! Dott is through! Ronnie can now change as many tips as he want whenever he wants.

Could this be matchfixing?

Comment

No Ranen, Ronnie just couldn't get himself going and admitted he struggled to find his form. To be honest I think he has tried very hard but just didn't have any confidence and Graeme played tough match snooker.
                        Strange that Ronnie should give his cue away at the end to a young lad in the audience. Nice gesture Ronnie but you might struggle to adapt to a new cue for next season.

Comment

Cool the guy who got the cue must be so happy. The last frame which Dott won was close...did Ronnie play a bad shot???(Ronnie leading in the colours and then gives it away)

Comment

It went down to the last black, Ronnie tried a thin pot and it jawed and Dott had an easy pot to win. That kid must be chuffed to bits to own Ronnie's cue, I expect it to be on Ebay in a few days for around £10,000.

Comment

aye, the lad (bout 10) was spotted by ROn and he wanted to pass on a present, he'll get John Parris to make him another.... wouldn't it be great to spend some time in Ron's head. If he's a genius on the table, then he's liable to have tendencies similar to other talented men and women throughout history. As Clive Everton kindly admitted, he's suffered with depression but got professional help and see how level headed he is know and giving pleasure to millions with his commentary.

I wouldn't mind reading his auto-biog, but some say they know no more about the man himself. Maybe if we knew the truth, there'd be less for the myth. Doesn't sound so sexy does it.... oh yeah, after losing to Dott in the '06 semi, he went to his local GP who prescribed a low level of medication and advised seeing a counsellor, he felt a lot better, more of the time and enjoyed his snooker and life like anyone else.

Dotty won fair and square and only had 1 bad thing to say against Ronnie, which I thought the same when his tip 'came off' too. He would have thought Ronnie could have told him what was going on, instead of just walking off to put a new tip on... some would say the behaviour of somebody too self-obsessed... a GP would draw some conclusions too.
                              Head Still... Follow Through... Keep it Tight... Never Give Up... Ton 'em if you can!

Comment

Originally Posted by cueman
                                No Ranen, Ronnie just couldn't get himself going and admitted he struggled to find his form. To be honest I think he has tried very hard but just didn't have any confidence and Graeme played tough match snooker.
                                Strange that Ronnie should give his cue away at the end to a young lad in the audience. Nice gesture Ronnie but you might struggle to adapt to a new cue for next season.
                                Ronnie gave his cue to a young lad in the audience?? Wow...Typically Ronnie-esque! I supposed his confidence was ruined with this cue/tip and he thought it was the best option.

If somebody can find others infos or quote from Ronnie, thanks in advance.
                                Ton Praram III Series 1 | 58" 18.4oz 9.4mm | ash shaft + 4 splices of Brazilian Rosewood | Grand Cue medium tips

Comment

Working...
                                X