Ronnie V Neil Robertson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by zong
    perhaps he took on more long pots than ronnie did? he was nowhere near the standard of NRs long potting
    Yes, also that could be the case, though as I recall Ronnie still went for too many long pots
    ZIPPIE FOR CHAIRMAN

Comment

• I thought it was a great matchup of the future of the sport, and the current master. Although I really do not like Robbo's style of play and his mannerisms around the table, I cant deny that he's an amazing talent, and has a bright future ahead of him.

Ronnie is a different animal to every other player out there though. He walks out of one tournament, and in the next completely dominates all comers. Then again, thats what makes Ronnie Ronnie. I seriously hope he can go far in this tournament. he seems peaceful and very concentrated at the moment, and I would honestly love to see a 3rd World title for the Rocket.

He's got a tough as nails draw though...Ding, Robbo and now Higgins...

His match with Higgins should be a cracker though.

Comment

• Hi guys,

..............and 5 - 4 Higgy, ...lol.xx
        sigpic

Comment

• Originally Posted by Giof007
          I thought it was a great matchup of the future of the sport, and the current master. Although I really do not like Robbo's style of play and his mannerisms around the table, I cant deny that he's an amazing talent, and has a bright future ahead of him.

Ronnie is a different animal to every other player out there though. He walks out of one tournament, and in the next completely dominates all comers. Then again, thats what makes Ronnie Ronnie. I seriously hope he can go far in this tournament. he seems peaceful and very concentrated at the moment, and I would honestly love to see a 3rd World title for the Rocket.

He's got a tough as nails draw though...Ding, Robbo and now Higgins...

His match with Higgins should be a cracker though.
          I think he might lose this match. but yes you could not have a harder draw than ronnie got!
          https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

• Its true...I mean, I understand how they make the ties. Numbers 1 through 4 at the tops and bottoms of the table and then by decreasing ranking accordingly, but Ronnie got shafted in his draw. Then again, had he come through against Higgins, I dont think many would have doubted him as the favourite. He didnt play well against Higgins, in fact, I dont believe he played great against anyone, even against Ding. He just got the job done, very unlike the Ronnie that many come to see. Higgins deserved the match, and I can only hope that he'll go on to win the Crucible for a second time.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Giof007
              Its true...I mean, I understand how they make the ties. Numbers 1 through 4 at the tops and bottoms of the table and then by decreasing ranking accordingly, but Ronnie got shafted in his draw. Then again, had he come through against Higgins, I dont think many would have doubted him as the favourite. He didnt play well against Higgins, in fact, I dont believe he played great against anyone, even against Ding. He just got the job done, very unlike the Ronnie that many come to see. Higgins deserved the match, and I can only hope that he'll go on to win the Crucible for a second time.
              i thought he played pretty well actually - and a tighter more controlled game than he sometimes does! as a match player he is getting very good indeed
              https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Working...
              X