Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ronnie V Neil Robertson

Hi,

......and not long now till Ron meets Robbo on Sunday.

Who do you think will win?

.......personally, I think it will be an easy win for Ron, but I would say that, being a Ron fan, although over 25 frames, should work to Ron's advantage.

Admittedly, Robbo's confidence is high with the two wins over Ron, although the Welsh Open [5-4], and Royal London Watches Grand Prix [5-1] tournaments were over 9 frames, so let's see how Robbo gets on with 25?

What do you think the score will be?
    sigpic

hoi Blondie,

Well the last few days I wrote on other threads about this and probably will repeat myself but it expect it to be the key match of this WC. Robertson is a fantastic attacking player and recent matches against ROS proved he is not impressed by him - so yeah if Ron goes out it will be against him. They are both a little arrogant and defiant so indeed in that perspective also an interesting match. But I expect Osullivan to win this and go all the way to become world champion.
    I saw that going differently in my mind

Comment

Hi Wim,

........agree, and let's hope so.

And to be honest I think both Ron/Robbo do have similar styles of play, plus agree that they are a wee bit arrogant, but maybe we all need to be a little like this when in competition.

It's a positive kind of arrogance, if that makes sense?
      sigpic

Comment

Originally Posted by Blondie
        Hi Wim,

........agree, and let's hope so.

And to be honest I think both Ron/Robbo do have similar styles of play, plus agree that they are a wee bit arrogant, but maybe we all need to be a little like this when in competition.

It's a positive kind of arrogance, if that makes sense?
        Yes, it does to me - even 'justified' arrogance when you play like this, acceptable within some limits of course
        I saw that going differently in my mind

Comment

I HOPE that Robertson will win, I THINK that O'Sullivan will win
          Not that I specifically like Robertson, but I dislike O'Sullivan a lot.
          Ein jedes Werkzeug ist ein Tand in eines tumben Toren Hand.

Comment

Hi Ekphantos

........... - HOPING and THINKING are great, and in terms of DESERVING to win, I have to opt for Ron..., but I do also think Robbo is a great player too...
            sigpic

Comment

Hi Ekphantos

........... - HOPING and THINKING are great, and in terms of DESERVING to win, I have to opt for Ron..., but I do also think Robbo is a great player too...
              Hm, if you talk about DESERVING to win, I'd go for Robertson...
              Ein jedes Werkzeug ist ein Tand in eines tumben Toren Hand.

Comment

Well, my HOPING and THINKING both put O'Sullivan in favour. As for DESERVING: there is only player that deserves to win this match, namely the one who wins it.

Comment

in terms of DESERVING to win, I have to opt for Ron...
                  Why would he deserve the win more? Both of them have put in the hours and the effort, so I don't see that one deserves it and the other doesn't. The one of the two who'll win it will most probably deserve the win too

I think both players will be geared and ready for the match, and I just hope we'll get a great one! I'm afraid Neil is going to get a hammering if he doesn't play better than he did in the first round, but so far many of the first round matches have been more or less scrappy affairs.

(I'm hoping for Neil, and I think he has a decent chance too.)
                  Das war ein FLUKE! Ein Glückstreffer!

Comment

Hi Maija/guys,

..........the excitement is building, can't wait for the match now, and here's hoping for a great one too..
                    sigpic

Comment

In terms of the match, I think Neil Robertson has a real chance against Ronnie and I think the tournament will kick off in terms of standard in the second round. It will be prove more of a test for Ronnie, as I never thought Ding had any hope at all against Ronnie due to the history and Ding's Two other matches spring to mind are Maguire - Swail which should be close and Stevens Allen, could be high quality if they play to potential. Would love to see John Parrott make it difficult for Shaun Murphy, but that is in hope more than expectation.

Comment

Hi Mal,

........I agree, with Robbo's current form, he does stand a real chance against Ron.. [and it'll be great to see them both battling it out...]

And you never know with John, stranger things have happened... [and trying to think of some recent examples, but can't.. ].....
                        sigpic

Comment

Well things couldn't be better for Neil....He has beaten Ronnie 2 times this year so he must feel no fear of him.....he has won 2 ranking tournaments...he seems to be in top form this year...so the momentum seems right for him....
                          But I think that if Ronnie manages to get 70% out of himself, there is no way Neil can beat him in a longer match...
                          Ronnie is not the most stable player, of course...
                          So I think every result is possible.From an easy Ronnie win, to an easy Neil win.....I want to see Ronnie win, it will make the whole WC experience more interesting (for me at least)
                          Come on Jimmy!!!!

Comment

I think Ronnie will have upped his estimation of Roberston since their last 2 encounters. If he didnt know before, he is now fully aware of how good Roberston is.

So I guess and hope that Ronnie will be more psyched up for this match now, keen to get some revenge, and will be attempting one of his demolition jobs.

As always though we will have to wait and see which Ronnie turns up on the day.
                            "You can shove your snooker up your jacksie 'cos I aint playing no more!" Alex Higgins.

Comment

I don't think it will be easy one for Ronnie lol. Neil knows how to beat him and he's at good form, so I think it will be tough match and nobody knows who will win
                              2007 TSF Pot Black prediction contest winner
                              2010 TSF Welsh Open Predict the qualifiers winner

Comment

Working...
                              X