Any News on players meeting??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any News on players meeting??

Anybody heard any snippets on the players meeting today in Sheffield. ??

http://www.sportinglife.com/snooker/...KER_Hearn.html

Graeme Dott, Steve Davis, Mark Williams, Mark Selby, Shaun Murphy, Ken Doherty

Peter Ebdon, Lee Doyle

Last edited by Mignon; 5 May 2010, 12:59 PM.
    Winner of the 2009 UK Championship Lucky Dip
    Co-winner of Spike’s 2009 UK Championship number of centuries prediction contest

Comment

meeting over... stand by for EGM
      Janie Watkins
      On Q Promotions / South West Snooker Academy
      All views are my own and in no way represent On Q or the Academy

Comment

so you now have two proposals on the table.

First from Barry Hearn, second from Lee Doyle, along with John Davison, Brian Barwick and others.

Barry told the meeting you can vote on mine and if you don't like it then you can have the alternative proposal
        Janie Watkins

Comment

Where can you find details of other proposals Janie? And does BH mean Me & my proposals or the other without me. Mind you I assume the other proposals would not include BH.

Comment

Thanks for being there and sharing with us, Janie.

=o)

Noel

Comment

Originally Posted by noel View Post
              Thanks for being there and sharing with us, Janie.

=o)

Noel
              I wasn't there. I am the PIOS but I kept in close contact with people there
              Janie Watkins

Comment

Originally Posted by goldengirl View Post
                Where can you find details of other proposals Janie? And does BH mean Me & my proposals or the other without me. Mind you I assume the other proposals would not include BH.
                The other proposals haven't been published to the public domain yet but I'm sure they will be soon.
                Barry has been invited to be part of those plans, but I can't see him accepting.
                He's sticking by his proposals and that's what the players will vote, at the EGM, to accept or throw out. If they throw them out then the alternative proposal can be voted on.

The 51-49% was changed slightly in Barry's proposal. Originally it was 51% Barry, 24% other partners and players etc. Today it read 51% Barry, 49% wpbsa
                Janie Watkins

Comment

god I can't put in words how nervous I am. This is about Snooker's future...
                  Any news about the second offer? (Lee Doyle, John Davison, Brian Barwick) What does it propose?

Comment

Everybody I spoke to coming out of the meeting are all for Hearns proposal, transcript of the press conference up later but for now I have to run and catch a train.

The few people who I have spoken to before today who had doubts no longer have doubts, was good to see so many players turn up and also disappointing to not see those who didn't like Ronnie, Jimmy, Hendry etc

Comment

the fact there is a counter offer to Barry's is good news for snooker and I suspect Barry too as the source of the new offer is connected to Rodney Walker (as part of old regime) - and probably less trusted than Barry is........

Comment

no news anymore? C'mon, throw us a bone here, please!

Comment

All I can say is that 95% of the players was in favour of the Hearn takeover.
                          Barry was good in answering all the questions fired at him. Lee Doyle said about this other proposal but why has it took 4 years on the board and 6 months off of the board to come up with it?
                          It's Barry for me and good times ahead for snooker I think!

Comment

Originally Posted by Ballrun View Post
                            All I can say is that 95% of the players was in favour of the Hearn takeover.
                            Barry was good in answering all the questions fired at him. Lee Doyle said about this other proposal but why has it took 4 years on the board and 6 months off of the board to come up with it?
                            It's Barry for me and good times ahead for snooker I think!
                            Cheers for that Stu!
                            Hope you're right mate!

=o)

Noel

Comment

expecting a news story on pa/sporting life imminently - it's just going past their legal department at the moment
                              Janie Watkins

Comment

Working...
                              X