No announcement yet.

Any News on players meeting??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you for your reply Souwester, but I wasn't asking about the number of qualifiers, I was asking about the method by which someone qualifies. I have been informed that the Hearn proposal includes provision for a 2 - 3 week qualifying period, thereby negating the results of any other tournament throughout the year together with any existing system.
    It may be that my information is incorrect. I am trying to check that.
    sigpic

Comment

There will be a number of guaranteed places, this is the breakdownm, per Hearn's letter:

2011/12 Season Proposed Qualifying Criteria
      England 1
      Wales 1
      Scotland 1
      Northern Ireland 1
      Irish Republic 1
      Asia 3
      Europe 2
      IBSF World Champ 1
      IBSF U21 Champ 1
      From 2010/11 PTC Events
      for players not in top 64 at end of season 8
      Q School Pro Cards - minimum 12

Comment

Thanks for that, Souwester.
        sigpic

Comment

[QUOTE=1lawyer;498287]I accept this and it is a bit of a leap of faith.
          Snooker needs an Abramovich figure or someone to pour money in it of course it does so were are they?

You make it sound a bit like Hearn is going to walk off with this money and I don't think that would be the case he is after all a very rich man anyway. [QUOTE]

We aren't very far away from each other but I thought I read a few months ago that BH would give it all back if he fails. What bothers me is that the now disgraced Mooney (who BH quite rightly has said has no future in the game) and who BH co-opted - his first mistake - was to use his "expertise and connections" to install 4 events in Europe. This has fallen before the first hurdle. BH is on a very slippery slope indeed!

Comment

Did I hear right in one of Hearn's interviews that if he couldn't deliver more tournaments and higher prize money, his controlling interest would revert back to the players? Seems highly unusual.

Comment

Originally Posted by globalsnooker View Post
              the Asian Championship <> that is being played next week (sadly now without the Chinese players as China Government wouldn't give them permission to travel into Thailand, given the current unrest in Thailand.)
              Sounds not too reasonable not to allow Chinese players to participate, wouldn't that be in China's interests
              Co-winner of Spike’s 2009 UK Championship number of centuries prediction contest.

RIP Noel. RIP.

Comment

Originally Posted by FerruleFox View Post
                Did I hear right in one of Hearn's interviews that if he couldn't deliver more tournaments and higher prize money, his controlling interest would revert back to the players? Seems highly unusual.
                Yeah this should be written somewhere in those long proposal doc's posted by ferret as well.

Actually that makes all the giving away 51% thing sound way less scary, doesn't it?

Or that just tells something about Barry's commitment.
                Co-winner of Spike’s 2009 UK Championship number of centuries prediction contest.

RIP Noel. RIP.

Comment

Originally Posted by ore View Post
                  Yeah this should be written somewhere in those long proposal doc's posted by ferret as well.

Actually that makes all the giving away 51% thing sound way less scary, doesn't it?

Or that just tells something about Barry's commitment.
                  It is written > Prize Money guarantees going forward > I am confident we can achieve this short term goal and to build the foundation for a successful exploitation of snooker. If we fail the Players know that the commercial rights acquired will revert back to their ownership.
                  Winner of the 2009 UK Championship Lucky Dip
                  Co-winner of Spike’s 2009 UK Championship number of centuries prediction contest

Comment

Originally Posted by Mignon View Post
                    It is written > Prize Money guarantees going forward > I am confident we can achieve this short term goal and to build the foundation for a successful exploitation of snooker. If we fail the Players know that the commercial rights acquired will revert back to their ownership.
                    That's what I thought but in the meantime, he will have used the £3million. What he would be handing back is an empty bank account!

Comment

Working...
                    X