Any News on players meeting??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by snoopy2608 View Post
    the fact there is a counter offer to Barry's is good news for snooker and I suspect Barry too as the source of the new offer is connected to Rodney Walker (as part of old regime) - and probably less trusted than Barry is........
    the "new" offer had nothing whatsoever to do with Sir Rodney Walker. the only "previous" board member involved in alternative proposals are Lee Doyle and Peter Ebdon and Peter only in a capacity of supporting the proposal.
    Janie Watkins
    On Q Promotions / South West Snooker Academy
    All views are my own and in no way represent On Q or the Academy

Comment

Thank you for the news! The very, very good new *relieved*I was so worried this morning and now ... *sighs* what good news:-)

Comment

Thank you for the news.
        Thats good for the Snookersport!!!

Comment

When come the officelle affirmation?

Comment

full story now from PA

http://www.sportinglife.com/snooker/...ightlead.html#
            Janie Watkins
            On Q Promotions / South West Snooker Academy
            All views are my own and in no way represent On Q or the Academy

Comment

I'm a little confused now: the report says there will be another vote? I thought the vote would be today? Hm. when will the final vote be?

Comment

the vote will be taken at an EGM which will presumably now be called and will be, at a guess, end of this month/early June.

today was for Barry to share his plans and see if they were worth pursuing, which clearly they are!

I wonder if the first weekend event 18/19 June will go ahead or whether it will be put back a few weeks even if Barry wins?

Comment

Originally Posted by globalsnooker View Post

The 51-49% was changed slightly in Barry's proposal. Originally it was 51% Barry, 24% other partners and players etc. Today it read 51% Barry, 49% wpbsa
                  My recollection of what he said was that instead of allocating 25% to individual players, they would be given to WPBSA and they would distribute any dividends as they saw fit, but this was obviously a detail for a future decision. The rest of the structure: 51% to Matchroom and 25% to "business partners" would remain unchanged.

Comment

okay, this means today was.. not really important for Snooker's future. A lot can happen in two month, too bad!

Comment

Originally Posted by Ballrun View Post
                      All I can say is that 95% of the players was in favour of the Hearn takeover.
                      Barry was good in answering all the questions fired at him. Lee Doyle said about this other proposal but why has it took 4 years on the board and 6 months off of the board to come up with it?
                      It's Barry for me and good times ahead for snooker I think!
                      I don't think Doyle was on the board THAT long! Anyway, he left only weeks ago and if he has produced a credible counter proposal in that time, then hats off to him. It should be given serious consideration. My first question would be, would THAT counter proposal mean giving away a 51% stake?

Comment

I have to qualify this by saying I'm an armchair fan who knows absolute jack about snooker as a business, but a 51% stake does seem like a big ask to me.

What is the reason for this requirement? What can he do for snooker with 51% that he can't do without it?

Comment

Originally Posted by merlin1234 View Post
                          What can he do for snooker with 51% that he can't do without it?

Whatever the 'ell he wants mate.

=o)

Noel

Comment

Originally Posted by screw-back View Post
                            I don't think Doyle was on the board THAT long! Anyway, he left only weeks ago and if he has produced a credible counter proposal in that time, then hats off to him. It should be given serious consideration. My first question would be, would THAT counter proposal mean giving away a 51% stake?
                            christ i do not understand this hang up people have over 51% of **** all ....

give him the 51% and see if at last we can have 100% sport with full time professionals not players complaighning they overworked after 2 sodding weeks in april

Comment

Originally Posted by wildJONESEYE View Post
                              christ i do not understand this hang up people have over 51% of **** all ....

give him the 51% and see if at last we can have 100% sport with full time professionals not players complaighning they overworked after 2 sodding weeks in april
                              exactly. If you had a car that was broken down and you could not afford to repair it and a guy said give me just over half ownership and I will put my time and effort in to make it run again almost as good as it was new you would then own 49 per cent of a car that was worth 3 grand instead of 30 pounds.

Perhaps this will make other offers with more monies attached to come forward which is another thing to consider too.

I would be happy for the guy to fix my car if I saw his past work and was sure he knew what he was doing. I certainly would not be complaighninining either.:snooker:

Comment

Alex0paul made a good point over on snooker island regarding to players feeling the strain of playing the World Championship..

He said because they not playing enough snooker they aren't hardened to the strain required for 17 days we need to get players playing more like they were in the 90s and i believe Barry Hearn is the man to do that.

Comment

Working...
                                X