Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by Semih_Sayginer View Post
    yep, the other guy should get a ban
    Now this is what I call the right attitude!!
    I'd also fine him.
    Winner of the 2009 UK Championship Lucky Dip
    Co-winner of Spike’s 2009 UK Championship number of centuries prediction contest

Comment

yep, the other guy should get a ban
      Hm, should I or should i ?
      Point is Mr. Hirschowitz should have done something about it, not just stand idly by and laugh to his heart's content. In retrospect, it looks as if the WSA are condoning this kind of behaviour.
      How difficult would it have been for Mr. H. to whisper to Ronnie something in the lines of "Oh, well, haha, funny, but a few more minutes and we're out of this press conference." I'm not shifting the blame here, I just want it shared.
      S.P.I.L.F.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Mignon View Post
        Now this is what I call the right attitude!!
        I'd also fine him.
        of course it is. he was winding up ROS from the back and making him "banter" with him at a televised press conference.

(note - i am joking. the guy should be made to say sorry too, at least!!)

Comment

• Originally Posted by Black_cat View Post
          Hm, should I or should i ?
          Point is Mr. Hirschowitz should have done something about it, not just stand idly by and laugh to his heart's content. In retrospect, it looks as if the WSA are condoning this kind of behaviour.
          How difficult would it have been for Mr. H. to whisper to Ronnie something in the lines of "Oh, well, haha, funny, but a few more minutes and we're out of this press conference." I'm not shifting the blame here, I just want it shared.

see post made "at same clock time" as this. i 100% agree he should be given a dressing down too

Comment

• Hot off the presses::

Statement from Sir Rodney Walker, Chairman of World Snooker and WPBSA

I have been made aware of the video of Ronnie O'Sullivan's press conference on Wednesday night. I arrived in Beijing this morning and immediately viewed the footage. In my opinion, Ronnie O'Sullivan's behaviour was unacceptable. The matter has been referred to the WPBSA Disciplinary Committee and is under review.

On behalf of World Snooker, I have apologised in person today to the promoter of the Honghe Industrial 2008 World Snooker China Open. I would also like to send my apologies to the people of China for any offence that may have been caused.

While the matter is under review, I hope that we can enjoy the rest of what has been an outstanding tournament.

ends
            Date: Friday March 28, 2008
            Janie Watkins
            On Q Promotions / South West Snooker Academy
            All views are my own and in no way represent On Q or the Academy

Comment

• Ok, betting time! How long you think it will take the disciplinary committee to come to a conclusion?
              Last edited by Black_cat; 28 March 2008, 09:55 AM. Reason: grammar grr
              S.P.I.L.F.

Comment

• This just underlines what I have mentioned dozens of times.

The WSA is the most incompetent board ever!

Guess, I am now banned from visiting snooker tournaments!

Comment

• Originally Posted by Black_cat View Post
                  Thank you, Jane. Now it gets interesting.
                  And, Maija, a hefty fine, heftier than the one he got last May, seems suitable enough to me but then again, last time I checked I wasn't a member of the WSA disciplinary committee.
                  What I really want is for RO'S to call a press conference and apologize profusely. Not a press statement but a press conference, the whole nine yards.
                  I'm not particularly impressed by his behaviour whether or not it was directed at the Chinese press or a friendly banter with a "sane" person who's supposed to be a "responsible" official at the WSA. I don't think a ban or a fine would affect him either, on the contrary, he might think: "ok, I made a mistake, paid the price, I might as well do it again!!!".

I admire his style of play and I've enjoyed the match like I would enjoy a Peter Ebdon vs Dave Harold match... Variety keeps me entertained.

Also, a press conference to apologize might alert the Chinese media, who according to the link you posted earlier didn't take notice of the incident.

And the "sane" & "experts" calling him names allover this thread are not behaving any better than he did, are they?

I think Ronnie needs the help of responsible people around him rather than a scolding thread on TSF. I am not a fan of him but I do admire his snooker talent which I find is beyond belief. Again, serious help is needed and not by non responsible WSA media officers who are supposed to be in a press conference to ensure things remain in order!!!!!!!!!
                  Give'em hell, Mark :snooker:

Comment

• its a public forum. he made those comments at a press conference. we wish to discuss it. when someone wins a tournament its ok to have a well done thread, but when someone does something which most find not appropriate have we just to ignore it, or make it sound ok, or scold because we disagree with the actions/words?

Comment

• Agree, pro and cons. When one has success to admire, but also when things are out of hand. Otherwise this Forum will be dead by end of the week.

Comment

• I have never said I was impressed with it nor did I agree with his actions, I simply stated my opinion on the matter and that's the end of it to me. I am not a WSA expert nor do I think I am one.

Comment

• Originally Posted by PaulTheSoave View Post
                          Agree, pro and cons. When one has success to admire, but also when things are out of hand. Otherwise this Forum will be dead by end of the week.
                          agree PTS. when players play great they deserve mention and congrats, be it your fav player or not, but if they do something in the public domain while at a snooker tournament id say its fair to post opinions on them no matter whether someone doesnt like your opinion, or doesnt share the same opinion

Comment

• Originally Posted by scoo24 View Post
                            I have never said I was impressed with it nor did I agree with his actions, I simply stated my opinion on the matter and that's the end of it to me. I am not a WSA expert nor do I think I am one.
                            me either. ive gave my opinions on it, which im entitled to as you, and i think the thread posters are warranted in expressing their opinions. if that creates a scolding thread because most think the actions not appropriate, then i wouldnt think that unreasonable

Comment

me either. ive gave my opinions on it, which im entitled to as you, and i think the thread posters are warranted in expressing their opinions. if that creates a scolding thread because most think the actions not appropriate, then i wouldnt think that unreasonable
                              We both agree that his behaviour is totally unacceptable and something has to be done about it to ensure nothing even remotely similar happens in the future. I simply don't think calling him names on this thread makes us any better and we are supposed to be mentally healthier, no?

Comment

• Originally Posted by scoo24 View Post
                                We both agree that his behaviour is totally unacceptable and something has to be done about it to ensure nothing even remotely similar happens in the future. I simply don't think calling him names on this thread makes us any better and we are supposed to be mentally healthier, no?

i dont think name calling on a website thread is on a par with what he did, and any name calling wouldnt be occuring if he hadnt been out of order at that press conference.

i dont think name calling is particularly called for, but everyone expresses themselves differently and theyre entitled to IMO

Comment

Working...
                                X