Masters - SF Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by Looki View Post
    Murphy and Maguire played in 2008 China Open final, Maguire prevailed 10-9.
    I knew I forgot one! I went through all the pairings, and the biggest match between the two I could remember was the UK semi in 2008.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
      I knew I forgot one! I went through all the pairings, and the biggest match between the two I could remember was the UK semi in 2008.
      Yeah, Murphy was better that time.

Comment

• I thought Murphy played great, apart from that insane attempt on the red to leave John in the balls. I don't care what he says, that was a brain fart.

Interesting that he also accused Neil of deliberately slow play against Judd. That's a pretty pointed remark coming from someone who's usually so complimentary of everyone. Neil has obviously been put on notice for tomorrow.

Comment

• Just read the entire interviews from Trump/Robertson. Very interesting.

Trump:
          "He played his normal speed. He is always quite slow," "He did what he had to and he was a little bit boring in the first couple of frames.

"I missed a few easy balls out there. If I played my best game, I would beat him easy. I've only got myself to blame. There were a few long pots I missed early on.

"He's done what he can do with his talent, and has won a lot of tournaments over the years.

"The luck went his way today. That is what happened today. The balls that were going in against Ronnie weren't going in today."

--------------

Robertson:
          "He's got a couple of mates in the crowd. They are probably all right lads, and can do whatever they want, but they're screaming for the white to go into a pocket. I do not think snooker is that sport," "I think golf and snooker are classy sports. That was a little bit disappointing, but probably made me try a bit harder.

"I made an 80-odd break today in about six minutes, so I don't think I tried to slow him down. Bring up my average shot time when I'm in the balls?

"As I said, I'm going to take as long as I can to think of a good safety shot to play. In the balls, my shot time would be pretty quick.

"If he was at his best if everything is going in, then he probably would beat me. But if I'm at my best, I'd like to see what would happen. It is a bit unfortunate to hear that. You like to wish your opponent the best, regardless.

"He is the one bringing his mates in screaming for all sorts of bad luck to happen to your opponent.

"He didn't say much at the end to me, which is a bit disappointing as people usually say good luck in the final.

"He's been playing the game since he was six or seven. He’s been playing the game longer than me, and if I had started at six or seven, I would have wanted to achieve a fair bit more in the game than he has at the moment. A lot of people love him, a lot of people don't. I get bombarded with texts with people wanting me to send him home. A few people are fed up with things he does. "If you guys filmed him 24 hours a day, he is nothing like the character he portrays. Why doesn't he want to be Judd Trump? Why does he want to be Mario Balotelli?"

"He doesn't need to do this, because he plays such a fantastic game. Before he was winning tournaments, he was really a nice down to earth kid. I wouldn't say winning the tournaments has got to him, but he is maybe trying..people are telling him he can help the sport grow in other countries and stuff.

"He is only 22, and has a huge future ahead of him. He is going to be a multiple world champion. It is just nice to be level headed, I guess."

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/210120...robertson.html

Comment

• Yes, I just read this on World Snooker site as well.
            Also read comments on Twitter, including the mates of Judd (not hard to find rsummers).

Looks like Robertson came out on top with interview as well as the match.

I like Judd, great player to watch but was getting a bit cocky and also had some comments about Ronnie as well after beating him.
            Hopefully this brings him back down to earth a bit and he leaves the talking on the table.

Look forward to Final now, Robertson slight favourite imo but Murphy is playing well again. Will be close.
            if you want something done right, do it yourself!

Comment

• Originally Posted by Ronnie's tip View Post
              "The luck went his way today. That is what happened today. The balls that were going in against Ronnie weren't going in today."
              Oh, dear.
              Somebody has got to tell this kid that this is what you call snooker.

If they were going in all the time, the best of the greats of this game would win every tournament they entered, and even in the domination days of Steve Davis and Stephen Hendry, that didn't happen.
              Just needs to know that ain't gonna happen with him, either.
              All the way Mark J!!

I understand nothing from snooker. - Dedicated to jrc750!

Winner of the German Masters 2011 Lucky Dip

Comment

• Trump is getting cocky, talking about ”the buzz”, and how he can beat other players easily, dominating the game and stuff. He is making all sorts of comments about the other players. Hes won 2 tournament till now wtf. And Robbo is 100% right about him. This defeat came at the right moment to slow him up a bit, wonder if he will learn anything.
                To say Robbo won because luck went his way is a silly comment. Trump lost because he missed to many balls and Neil played better on the day.
                ”If I had played my best game I would have beaten him easily.”....what a joker.
                Last edited by attilahun; 22 January 2012, 09:54 AM.
                "There has only ever been Alex Higgins, myself and now Ronnie O'sullivan who play the game the way it should be played with such excitement - I know the fans love it this way" - Jimmy White

Comment

• Judd needs to be careful with his standing within the game. The last thing he needs to be doing right now is alienating himself from the other players because they will all want to raise their game and put him in his place. He could do without the added pressure and to me if I could give him any advice right now it would be to be quiet and let his snooker do the talking. That also means telling his mates and family to keep quiet too.

Maybe its a sign of his lack of real confidence though that he needs to talk up his game because maybe he cannot live up to the expectation on him so prefers all this trash talk to add some needle to the game. I read a very interesting tweet yesterday from the self proclaimed team sumthink, a collective of Trumps mates here it is "Semi finals today... Yet again JT vs Neil... #TeamSumthin out in force to intimidate the ozzy!!!".

So there you go, truth is that they pre planned to get to Neil before the match so Neil was absolutely right in his damning of Judd and his followers.

Comment

Working...
                  X