No announcement yet.

Stephen Maguire v Ali Carter - Semi Final

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You betcha...gimme more of this all day long.

Comment

i think Stephens tantrums hold him back (discuss)
      Goddess Of All Things Cue Sports And Winner Of The 2012 German Masters and World Open Fantasy Games and the overall 2011-12 Fantasy Game

Comment

Originally Posted by LittleMissAlexa View Post
        He has been frustrated with his play even when playing some great snooker, so, I don't expect him to make peace with his inner self all of a sudden.
        All the way Mark J!!

I understand nothing from snooker. - Dedicated to jrc750!

Winner of the German Masters 2011 Lucky Dip

Comment

Very nice session so far, intriguing and tactical...I love it! This one could really go all the way!

Comment

but tantrums are soooo childish
            Goddess Of All Things Cue Sports And Winner Of The 2012 German Masters and World Open Fantasy Games and the overall 2011-12 Fantasy Game

Comment

JV's on fire as well today Really so much better commentary than Eurosport, except maybe for Joe Johnson...he's a nice guy and can be funny at times as well. I'm posting this because sometimes I read about people really hating the commentary on bbc...I never got that.

Comment

Originally Posted by daffie View Post
                JV's on fire as well today Really so much better commentary than Eurosport, except maybe for Joe Johnson...he's a nice guy and can be funny at times as well. I'm posting this because sometimes I read about people really hating the commentary on bbc...I never got that.
                he also likes the type of snooker you like thje non one visit type

Comment

Yeah I heard JV say that as well. So much for coincidences then

With these types of frames I find myself getting so utterly involved that I watch every single shot intently, other than with the big-break frames...or of course the ones like last night between ROS and MS...it just totally lacked any energy and was so annoyingly lackluster.

Anyway...long may it continue....

Edit... big break from Ali

Comment

Very nice session so far, intriguing and tactical...I love it! This one could really go all the way!
                    Great stuff isn't it. They're such contrasting characters in every way, and it makes for a very interesting match. Could get very tasty towards the end.

-
                    The fast and the furious,
                    The slow and labourious,
                    All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

Yes I think so too, you're going to find it difficult to control the match if you can't control yourself. Every thump of the table will just be music to Ali's ears.

-
                      The fast and the furious,
                      The slow and labourious,
                      All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post
                        Great stuff isn't it. They're such contrasting characters in every way, and it makes for a very interesting match. Could get very tasty towards the end.

-
                        Fantastic stuff indeed! I'm seeing this one going all the way, except if SM gets on a roll and Ali maybe not getting any run of the ball, and getting annoyed too much. But so far, so good. The funny thing is both can get annoyed a times, and it might make for a nice balance in the match. As you say very contrasting styles, but at the same time they also have some in common as well.

So now we're blessed with a repeat of last night's match...might go out for a walk now and come back in 20 minutes...

Comment

I tend to agree, but also find his tantrums highly fascinating at times. And it often makes for a more entertaining match...

Comment

I tend to agree, but also find his tantrums highly fascinating at times. And it often makes for a more entertaining match...
                            Yes, but not from Maguire's perspective.
                            All the way Mark J!!

I understand nothing from snooker. - Dedicated to jrc750!

Winner of the German Masters 2011 Lucky Dip

Comment

Originally Posted by montoya10 View Post
                              Yes, but not from Maguire's perspective.
                              Maguire is at the table...I'm at home in front of the tele

Well, they're both back...interesting to see if Mags can close the gap...

Comment

Seems to be getting a seperate sport now to call fouls on yourself Very nice to see...one of the reasons I still watch snooker, the good sportsmanship.

Comment

Working...
                                X