No announcement yet.

Stephen Maguire v Ali Carter - Semi Final

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Despite of Ali working so hard and playing rather well, I would like to see Stephen come through at the end to face ROS in the final. Not that ROS is my favorite player for the final...but anything's better than Matthew Stevens (nothing personal of course).

Comment

Originally Posted by daffie View Post
      but anything's better than Matthew Stevens (nothing personal of course).
      What's up with that little hatred feeling against Stevens, huh?
      By the way, at least Maguire won't be wondering why he's down by so many frames. He is downright awful at the moment.
      All the way Mark J!!

I understand nothing from snooker. - Dedicated to jrc750!

Winner of the German Masters 2011 Lucky Dip

Comment

Btw anyone who prefers the shorter-frame matches should really have their head examined...THIS is the way snooker needs to be...eb&flow, players catching up to each other, then getting on a run of a couple frames, then something might happen and the other player catches up again...fandabidozitastic!

*me getting excited now*
        I'd second that for sure!!
        Winner of 2011 Masters Fantasy game......
        Winner of 2011 World Championship Fantasy game.......

Comment

if carter win the next two frames i cant see him losing it

11-5 i too much and maguire on mental downhill atm

Comment

Originally Posted by montoya10 View Post
            What's up with that little hatred feeling against Stevens, huh?
            By the way, at least Maguire won't be wondering why he's down by so many frames. He is downright awful at the moment.
            As I said it's nothing personal against Matthew Stevens. I just don't really like watching him as a player. It's just personal preference, everyone has their favorites and not-so favorites. I also think ROS vs Maguire would be the better final. Not that ROS is my favorite for the final, absolutely not...but there's not much left to choose from...

Edit : I realize that I might have come across a bit harsh on Matthew...that was not intended.
            Last edited by daffie; 4 May 2012, 11:49 AM.

Comment

Originally Posted by coomsey76 View Post
              I'd second that for sure!!
              but the semi finals are a bit too long, neraly the same format as the final, danger that the player could be fatigued before the final starts

Comment

Originally Posted by Masterdoctorgenius View Post
                but the semi finals are a bit too long, neraly the same format as the final, danger that the player could be fatigued before the final starts
                I agree with the 2nd part...we often see that. But it's good we have a final over two days at least...time to recuperate for the players in between...

Comment

what a response from maguire
                  he could have easly lost his head

lost two close finals already this season

Comment

As I said it's nothing personal against Matthew Stevens. I just don't really like watching him as a player. It's just personal preference, everyone has their favorites and not-so favorites. I also think ROS vs Maguire would be the better final. Not that ROS is my favorite for the final, absolutely not...but there's not much left to choose from...

Edit : I realize that I might have come across a bit harsh on Matthew...that was not intended.
                    No, actually I wondered whether he was your least favorite player on the circuit or not. Because his style is pretty similar to Ronnie, after all (=
                    All the way Mark J!!

Comment

One of the reasons why I would like to see Maguire come through to the Final *and* win it as well. He has been working so damn hard, especially on his temper...we can clearly see it still flares up every now and again, but this time he is finding ways to cope and use his fire to his advantage. I think that's very commendable!

Comment

the quality of this match is starting to rise slowly but surly

142 break

absoulute brilliant

Comment

unbelievable break for a struggling player
                          Goddess Of All Things Cue Sports And Winner Of The 2012 German Masters and World Open Fantasy Games and the overall 2011-12 Fantasy Game

Comment

He gave himself every chance to draw the session 4-4 and still be only two behind. Six behind looked very possible before that tremendous break.

Comment

What a response from Maguire.
                              All the way Mark J!!

Comment

Originally Posted by montoya10 View Post
                                No, actually I wondered whether he was your least favorite player on the circuit or not. Because his style is pretty similar to Ronnie, after all (=
                                I have a bit of a love/hate relationship with ROS...he is incredible to watch, but as I think you know by now, I like close matches...not the one high-break ones...often there's no tension (except for a 147) nor real excitement.

But maybe Matthew against Stephen might be a good Final...

Matthew is definately not my favorite player to watch, but I like him as a person.
                                Last edited by daffie; 4 May 2012, 12:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X