UK Champ. 2009 - Semi-final Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by April madness View Post
    well the BBC commentators said it was not a particularly easy one... from where the red was standing. plenty of chances to miss. but yeah, looks like Higgy got it going now. From a rather sloppy start he's now in full speed.
    I'm not listening to the commentary unfortunately.

But just to make it clear, I meant the first escape. The one where the red was on the baulk cushion. That's where the damage was done, because Higgins could win from there, if he won the safety battle and cleared the table.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
      I'm not listening to the commentary unfortunately.

But just to make it clear, I meant the first escape. The one where the red was on the baulk cushion. That's where the damage was done, because Higgins could win from there, if he won the safety battle and cleared the table.
      Ah ok. I posted my reply and thought only after that you might have meant the first miss And now nothing going Ronnie's way. And he has to blame himself now
      ZIPPIE FOR CHAIRMAN

Comment

• Higgins' B game isn't much different from his A game scoreline-wise.. Although to be fair Ronnie didn't have the run of the ball at all so far.

Comment

• 6-1 really?

great way to ruin my saturday. thanks john.

Comment

• I've stopped working on my midterm and got back to snooker world, only to see Ronnie down at 6-1.. Surprising to see Ronnie down by such a big margin..

Anyway, Ding v. Higgins will not be a boring final, hopefully
            All the way Mark J!!

I understand nothing from snooker. - Dedicated to jrc750!

Winner of the German Masters 2011 Lucky Dip

Comment

• Originally Posted by doorag View Post
              6-1 really?

great way to ruin my saturday. thanks john.
              by the looks of it, it's going to be 7-1. a classic match going to decider that everyone expected ruined effectively

edit: unless, of course, Ronnie can make a classic comeback...
              Last edited by April madness; 12 December 2009, 03:43 PM.
              ZIPPIE FOR CHAIRMAN

Comment

• Looks great for John.

Comment

• Although to be fair Ronnie didn't have the run of the ball at all so far.
                  And just as I said that.. 6-2 it will be, it's not all over yet.

Comment

• Originally Posted by rivercard View Post
                    And just as I said that.. 6-2 it will be, it's not all over yet.
                    He will make at least 1 or 2 centuries more.. General attitude of Ronnie is to make centuries if he doesn't like the way he plays.. At least, I think so..
                    All the way Mark J!!

I understand nothing from snooker. - Dedicated to jrc750!

Winner of the German Masters 2011 Lucky Dip

Comment

• Wow.

I've been watching in awe! John's played pretty well and basically kept Ron off the table. Pity about the pack-opener-come-foul otherwise it might have been 7-1... but Ros replied very well with that century.
                      Last edited by very.tee; 12 December 2009, 03:55 PM.
                      Winner of Ja's Super Special Grand Prix Lucky Dip 2009
                      Joint-winner of montoya10/theasaris' Shanghai Masters Fantasy Game 2010

Comment

• Originally Posted by April madness View Post
                        Artists need inspiration
                        That's where ROS keeps his Mar... in his beard!
                        [ Now I'm convinced what Khizzy said about his shaving experience is true! ]

=o\

Noel

Comment

• Originally Posted by noel View Post
                          That's where ROS keeps his Mar... in his beard!
                          [ Now I'm convinced what Khizzy said about his shaving experience is true! ]

=o\

Noel
                          dunno Noel. I am not shaving before I play snooker, but I manage to lose games even then
                          ZIPPIE FOR CHAIRMAN

Comment

• Yes, O'Sullivan had only himself to blame at 1-6 down. Higgins only won one frame in one visit. He gave O'Sullivan a chance in every other frame, and quite a good chance usually. But in the end, O'Sullivan can be happy it's 6-2 and not 7-1.

Comeback? If O'Sullivan plays his best, it's entirely possible against a solid but not brilliant Higgins. But let's be honest, if Higgins raises his game a little, he's not going to lose from 6-2 up.

Comment

• too bad ronnie didn't win the fifth, then he would have been well back in the game.. he's not been great at getting out of snookers in this tournament.

let's hope he gets a couple of frames early in the evening session.

Comment

• Originally Posted by doorag View Post
                                too bad ronnie didn't win the fifth, then he would have been well back in the game.. he's not been great at getting out of snookers in this tournament.

let's hope he gets a couple of frames early in the evening session.
                                well the BBC commentators said that there have been a few missed escapes, and thought it might be due to the fact that the cushions on Star tables play a bit differently than the Riley tables. But then, it's about time to get used to it...
                                ZIPPIE FOR CHAIRMAN

Comment

Working...
                                X