Graeme Dott...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by RocketRoy1983 View Post
    If your happy for players to embarrass themselves fair play to you mate! I think we both know however that Carter was thinking what an absolute tool you are Robertson.
    So when a football celebrate scoring they are embarrassing themsleves are they? Its brilliant to see the emotion and why shouldn't he celebrate? If you won the lotto would you celebrate infront of people or wait until your on your own?
    TSF World Champion 2010
    TSF Snooker Prediction Contest Overall Champion 2006/07
    BBC Snooker Prediction Contest Overall Champion 2005/06

Comment

Originally Posted by Alex0paul View Post
      So when a football celebrate scoring they are embarrassing themsleves are they? Its brilliant to see the emotion and why shouldn't he celebrate? If you won the lotto would you celebrate infront of people or wait until your on your own?
      Some good scenarios but they arent interchangeable are they? Completely different cases. In a football match with thousands of others in attendance emotions are high. Im glad it does mean so much to Robertson but by shouting and fist-clenching right in front of Ali Carter, for me, shows a lack of respect as I believe the way Carter would have been feeling at that particular moment in time, Robertson wouldnt have appreciated it if it was the other way round.
      Always play snooker with a smile on your face...You never know when you'll pot your last ball.

China Open 2009 Fantasy Game Winner.
      Shanghai Masters 2009 Fantasy Game Winner.

Comment

Originally Posted by RocketRoy1983 View Post
        Robertson wouldnt have appreciated it if it was the other way round.
        Good point Roy... however Robertson, or anyone else these days might have expected it!

=o)

Noel

Comment

I love it when players show emotion after winning a frame or match whether its just a massive grin on their face of yelling and fist pumping.

I agree that somtimes its over the top and players take it a bit far but i would still always rather see this than an expressionless handshake.

It really puts me off a player when they win an important match or make a 147 and look like their cat just died at the end of it.
          Last edited by Forman; 27 April 2009, 02:04 AM.
          New Zealands biggest snooker fan

Comment

I agree with Forman. I like it when they show some emotion, shows they care. I remember Ali Carter getting a 147 and getting very excited and I remember Ding getting one and not even raising a smile.

It's all good. Nothing wrong with a bit of razmatazzzzzzzzz.

ROOOOOOOOOOOOARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR COme OOOONNNNNNNN ROBBBBBBBBO

Comment

Originally Posted by Alex0paul View Post
              Good to see emotion yes, but at the end of the day, they are just doing their job. I work in scientific research and when I solve a problem, I don't leap up cheering and run around the office thrusting my fist in the air, screaming at my office mate because I solved the problem before he did. Though actually, that might brighten up my work day...

Comment

Originally Posted by murdock View Post
                Good to see emotion yes, but at the end of the day, they are just doing their job. I work in scientific research and when I solve a problem, I don't leap up cheering and run around the office thrusting my fist in the air, screaming at my office mate because I solved the problem before he did. Though actually, that might brighten up my work day...
                Does your pay and your chances of employment next year directly correlate to solving the problem before your office mate? Do you have to work overtime in a remote part of Wales, should you solve fewer problems than he does?
                Das war ein FLUKE! Ein Glückstreffer!

Comment

Originally Posted by Maija View Post
                  Does your pay and your chances of employment next year directly correlate to solving the problem before your office mate? Do you have to work overtime in a remote part of Wales, should you solve fewer problems than he does?
                  Well actually in a way, yes. If I don't solve the problems, I potentially lose the chance to get a new contract or a promotion. If my office mate were to solve more than me, he may get the promotion before I do. So my chances of increased pay and employment do indeed depend upon my problem solving. So my point is very valid!

Comment

Working...
                  X