No announcement yet.

2012 United Kingdom Championship Qualifying

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another disaster, didnt see the match but jimmy should be able to get over the line from 4-2 ahead, very very annoying, another soul destroying defeat for jim and his legion of fans, sick of it.
    Blown away

Comment

Originally Posted by jw147 View Post
      Another disaster, didnt see the match but jimmy should be able to get over the line from 4-2 ahead, very very annoying, another soul destroying defeat for jim and his legion of fans, sick of it.
      It is a shame he did not killed the match after 4-2 but Advani had some incredible luck in the last part of the match. Even it the decider after Jimmy got the 2 snookers he required, Advani missed the shot on the yellow but left it almost glued to it. If not Jimmy could have won the frame by 1 point...
      "There has only ever been Alex Higgins, myself and now Ronnie O'sullivan who play the game the way it should be played with such excitement - I know the fans love it this way" - Jimmy White

Comment

Advani certainly had the run of the balls but Jimmy missed so many easy balls, I could hardly believe what I was watching. I also thought he was more negative in his shot selection than he used to be and also a bit careless in his safety play - if he ran a bot out of position he just got down and played a quick safety.

Some of Advani's flukes were solar-plexus blows though so I felt for poor Jimmy!

Comment

Originally Posted by attilahun View Post
          It is a shame he did not killed the match after 4-2 but Advani had some incredible luck in the last part of the match. Even it the decider after Jimmy got the 2 snookers he required, Advani missed the shot on the yellow but left it almost glued to it. If not Jimmy could have won the frame by 1 point...
          Nightmare, sounds very similar to his match last year against jamie jones, totally devestating defeat, sickened. Jimmy hasnt an ounce of luck, never had anywa, so not expecting any now at this stage of his career.
          Blown away

Comment

I thought Jimmy was playing some really casual safety play and while he is much slower around the table these days he seems at times to speed up and get more careless when the pressure is on and he needs a snooker or to keep it really tight.

Advani had the run at the end but he won fair and square, Jimmy just let him back in and wasn't tight enough to close it down.

Still, more legends night dates with Ronnie...

Comment

Originally Posted by Snooky335 View Post
              but Jimmy missed so many easy balls, !
              Par for the course these days, the amount of simple pots he's missing is killing any chances he gets to be back on the TV stage of tournaments. Id be surprised if the casual snooker fan even knows he still competes these days, he's on tv once in a blue moon.

Comment

Originally Posted by Mr Snooker View Post
                Well done Andy Hicks I believe this is his first competive 147 after 21 years been a professional, and he won the match as well bit of Form for Andy
                Yeah. Andy's frickin' class.. best player from Devon by a long way ( South of Bristol anyways ). Go Hicksy go.

Comment

Poor Jimmy - I was hoping he could make it through to play Steve Davis in the next round. That would be interesting to watch. Hopefully there is still some gas left in the tank for the Whirlwind! Any idea if the final frame is on youtube (or similiar)? I also missed the Andy Hicks 147 - any footage of that break?
                  Last edited by mythman69; 21 November 2012, 11:15 PM.
                  My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.
                  I dream of a 147 (but would be happy with a 100)

Comment

Originally Posted by mythman69 View Post
                    Poor Jimmy - I was hoping he could make it through to play Steve Davis in the next round. That would be interesting to watch. Hopefully there is still some gas left in the tank for the Whirlwind! Any idea if the final frame is on youtube (or similiar)? I also missed the Andy Hicks 147 - any footage of that break?
                    same, im gutted, was looking forward to chilling out tomoro morning and watching white v davis .... typical jim eh, seems just when you think its safe, he seems to let you down....maybe thats why us fans love him? but its painful, thats for sure.
                    Blown away

Comment

Any footage? I hope so!
                      My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.

Comment

Thing is, a game between Steve and Jimmy today would be a bit of a struggle probably with both of them missing plenty of pots and struggling to get a fifty break or put the frame away in one visit.

Comment

Maybe - but I would still love to see the old legends of the sport going frame for frame with the occassional 147 thrown in.

; )

Comment

for 147 points you'll need to aggregate the scores from two frames. Guodong/Duffy have just started their fourth frame while Davis/Advani are still on their second, Michaela is not being over stretched by the 20 and thirty breaks they are making either, it's dead man walking stuff, neither of them should qualify really

Comment

2 147s now one for lisowski
                              Goddess Of All Things Cue Sports And Winner Of The 2012 German Masters and World Open Fantasy Games and the overall 2011-12 Fantasy Game

Comment

Davis came close, he's got 30 off 7 reds

Comment

Working...
                                X