No announcement yet.

2012 United Kingdom Championship Qualifying

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unfortunately the 30 was not enough, 3-0 to Advani now who is 25pts up in the 4th with all 10 reds shoved over to one side, tippy-tappy stuff again

Comment

Lol, Advani led 4-0 at the interval and fifteen minutes into frame five and not a ball potted but more than half the reds are now in baulk, sometimes, these sort of appalling games are fun to watch. Meanwhile, Brecel has won 6-3 and is on his way to MacDonalds for lunch.

Comment

the tippy tappy stuff should suit Advani whos a world champion at billiards
        Goddess Of All Things Cue Sports And Winner Of The 2012 German Masters and World Open Fantasy Games and the overall 2011-12 Fantasy Game

Comment

My thoughts exactly, a slowly played tactical game with small breaks will suit Advani down to the ground, a former world amateur snooker and billiards champ and just having won another professional billiards world title he is as good as he has been and improving.

Mind you, we could put on a better display than them in this frame, 11 reds in the bottom half of the table before a ball potted and then Davis opens with a 26 break with reds everywhere, misses, Advani misses, Davis gets 12, Advani 6, miss, 1, miss - it's funny really, I know I won't feel bad when I'm playing tonight now.

Comment

Davis pots the last red after 45 mins to go 47-41 up, he could win a frame here, Michaela looks rivetted

Comment

I am sure the match would have been a lot quicker if Jimmy had of won his first qualifying match I can see Davis and Advani getting taken off if it goes to 4-4 for the afternoon matches to start, the last time they met in the International open it was 6-5 to Advani.
              Ronnie O' Sullivan seven times the record breaking Snooker Master

Comment

Nope, on they go.... 4-4, bad snooker but good comeback

Comment

Aah, six tables for the morning session but only 5 for the afternoon and evening allowing one to over-run - shockingly sensible stuff for a change.

After 5 hours and 10 minutes it's 5-4 Advani but Davis on a proper break to go to the decider!!

Comment

Rolling back the years with a 136 total clearance like the previous nine frames didn't happen - decider.

Comment

Originally Posted by LittleMissAlexa View Post
                      2 147s now one for lisowski
                      Yes and possibly the second quickest behind ronnie, apparantly it was 7min 40sec. 12 seconds per shot average!

I think practicing with Judd is really helping his game, they are good friends too and the future of the game looks healthy if these two keep on producing and improving at the levels they are doing. Another future world champion for me, no doubt.

Comment

i would have to agree that its totally soul destroying watching Jimmy White these days, he could so easily have won his match. The same could be said for Tony Drago, such a great player to watch when hes on form, but his safety is non existent and shot selection is diabolical.

Jimmy White easily has the capabilty to progress further than he does.

Comment

Maybe some people here should go enter q school, turn pro then see how difficult it is to win matches on the pro circuit, believe me its a lot harder than playing on a monday night down the local club! And then see how you go when suddenly the long black you are going for is worth either zero money or 5 and a half grand.

Comment

I stopped watching him a number of years ago.

It's not for me or anyone else to tell Jimmy to retire. If he wants to keep playing and he meets the criteria to stay on the tour then he deserves his place the same as anyone else and is entitled to play on as long as he wants to.

But I can't watch. I was a massive Jimmy fan growing up, he's the reason I play snooker but I can't watch the stuff he produces nowadays. To me, it's like watching a punch drunk fighter convincing himself he can still win the title and carrying on, and with every punch he gets more and more punch drunk...

Desperately sad

Comment

Brilliant performance from Steve Davis to come back from 4 - 0 and win the match, well played Nugget! :encouragement:

-
                              The fast and the furious,
                              The slow and labourious,
                              All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

Davis Finally wins 6-5 who would have they have show if this match never went over the scheduled time I wonder
                                Ronnie O' Sullivan seven times the record breaking Snooker Master

Comment

Working...
                                X