No announcement yet.

Shanghai Masters Qualifying and Main Draw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*He Lost* !!! :snookerThe Times isn't the be all - end all)
    Last edited by daffie; 20 September 2012, 06:52 AM.

Comment

Originally Posted by Giggity1984 View Post

Cheating would have to involve playing shots that are not allowed under the rules. As much as i dislike his style of play without a shot clock, he didn't cheat.
      I agree. It can be annoying at times, although most of the times I don't find Ebdon especially nor deliberately slow to influence his opponent. His style of play can be offputting for me personally at times, but I do find him ok to watch mostly. However he could do himself a favor by speeding his play up somewhat...he seems to play too slow, out of his own rhythm, and consiquently hinders himself at times.
      Last edited by daffie; 20 September 2012, 09:21 AM.

Comment

Meanwhile:
        Carter-Maguire 5-0
        Perry-Robertsson 5-0
        both quite surprising results I think
        ------------------------------
        2008 UK-Championship fantasy game winner
        2009 Premier League Fantasy game winner
        2011 German Masters fantasy game winner

Comment

Originally Posted by Capelito View Post
          Meanwhile:
          Carter-Maguire 5-0
          Perry-Robertsson 5-0
          both quite surprising results I think
          Indeed! Very onesided matches...that's too bad really.

Comment

Very quiet in here this afternoon...nobody's watching, or none of the matches are worth mentioning ?

Comment

The King-Murphy game is very good, watching that now, it has the what is going to happen next factor to it.

Trump about to beat Allen, Higgins and Carter whitewashed Day and Maguire.

Comment

Cheers for the heads-up...will start off my snooker evening with the King - Murphy match then...
                Last edited by daffie; 20 September 2012, 02:49 PM.

Comment

Higgins survived a comeback from Carter to reach the semis and Joe Perry showed Ebdon/Carter what sportsmanship and integrity is by calling a foul on himself in the deciding frame which cost him dearly.

Looking forward to Murphy-Bingham and expecting Murphy's luck to continue and the petulant Trump will want to beat Dott to get the number 1 ranking spot.

Comment

Good morning. :smile:

Some good snooker this morning, Higgins showing good breakbuilding form for most of his match against Carter. Williams and Perry didn't disappoint either, and my predicted final is still on. Yes, fair play to Perry, called it even though it wasn't at all obvious and gave away a crucial chance.

I will probably concentrate on Trump-Dott this afternoon. Trump against Williams would be a good semi-final, as I don't remember them ever meeting in a big match before. :wink:

Comment

• They've met just 3 times before, Trump winning 3-1 in the premier league and 5-2 in the last qualifying round of the Bahrain ranking event and Williams beat Trump 4-0 in a PTC.

William's breakbuilding was not convincing against Perry so a Dott-Williams S/F could be a bit dour.

Considering they can get such huge TV audiences in China, why are the crowds so small - do they price tickets out of people's reach or what?

Comment

• Originally Posted by sberry View Post
                        Considering they can get such huge TV audiences in China, why are the crowds so small - do they price tickets out of people's reach or what?
                        I've often wondered about this, not many of the Asian tours I've watched have been very well attended, and yet we're told the game's really popular over there, so why the poor audiences? Maybe one of our Chinese members could explain. Is it because of financial, cultural, political reasons, or what? Because if China has real aspirations of hosting major events, the attendance's surely have to improve, don't they?

-
                        The fast and the furious,
                        The slow and labourious,
                        All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

• incase you did not know already Michaela Tabb will be the referee for the final.

Comment

• Eurosport player is not showing the Trump match, bit surprised at that. Did they show both matches this morning?

-
                            The fast and the furious,
                            The slow and labourious,
                            All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

• Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post
                              Eurosport player is not showing the Trump match, bit surprised at that. Did they show both matches this morning?

-
                              Yes, both games were on this morning.

Comment

• Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post
                                Eurosport player is not showing the Trump match, bit surprised at that. Did they show both matches this morning?

-
                                i know. so irritating. who on earth would want to watch murphy rather than trump?

anyone got a streaming link? i found one but its very juddery

Comment

Working...
                                X