The China Open starts on Monday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No mate its on Eurosport only.......
    Winner of 2011 Masters Fantasy game......
    Winner of 2011 World Championship Fantasy game.......

Comment

• Originally Posted by coomsey76 View Post
      No mate its on Eurosport only.......
      Ok thanks Coomsey
      It's hard to pot balls with a Chimpanzee tea party going on in your head

Wibble

Comment

• Good morning. :wink:

A bit of a slow start. Selby leads 1-0, and now they've made a bit of a mess of the 2nd frame by pushing reds up the table. Still, whoever gets in has a chance to score heavily. :smile:

Comment

• Murphy gets in with a great long pot, but misses a relatively simple red. Selby steps in with a 68. Selby definitely looks stronger so far. Big frame coming up...

Comment

• Thanks for the 'commentary' as I can only get the scores live through World Snooker . . .

: )
            My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.
            I dream of a 147 (but would be happy with a 100)

Comment

• Originally Posted by mythman69 View Post
              Thanks for the 'commentary' as I can only get the scores live through World Snooker . . .
              Quite an eventful 3rd frame. Selby was in, but didn't finish on anything after the split off the blue. Then we had a short tactical exchange as two reds went over the yellow pocket, until Selby playing a cracking pot in-off those reds. Great chance to make it 3-0, but he's just missed a sitter. :smile:

Comment

• Thanks Odrl . . .

My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.

Comment

• 3-0 after quite a poor frame in the end. Selby needed five scoring visits to take it. Murphy tried his best to battle from behind, taking the last three reds with a brown and two pinks, so he could only tie the frame, but yet another mistake left Selby in to pot green and brown and take the frame.

Comment

• It might be too soon to call but it might be a Selby vs Robertson final . . .

Comment

• Originally Posted by mythman69 View Post
                      It might be too soon to call but it might be a Selby vs Robertson final . . .
                      These are the four strongest players of the 1981-83 generation, but I think it's the first time all four are appearing in the semi-finals of a major event. For all the talk about the "changing of the guard" on this forum in the past, it never really happened. They've been sharing major titles with the older generation for years, and it looks like they will be sharing it with the younger one as well over the next couple of years.

I think we've had most pairings in the major finals now, but I don't think Selby and Maguire have ever met (even though they did play a couple of memorable semi-finals), so that would be interesting to see. :smile:

Anyway, 3-1 now, Murphy needing several chances to take the frame. I'm sure he will forget about this mini-session now, and try to come out a different player after the interval. It's a best-of-11, so plenty of time to find some form and turn in around. :smile:

Comment

• 5-1. Even thinking back to some of Murphy's great comebacks in the past, it's hard to see him winning from here, with the crap he has produced this morning. It feels like they could play for another 10 hours and Murphy still wouldn't put anything together. Selby is just taking advantage at the moment, but I'm sure he knows he might need better in the final. :smile:

Comment

• Hmmmm . . . It doesn't look good for Murphy from here

Comment

• It looked like a very good QF lineup, but yesterday was mostly disappointing, and today started on a pretty low note as well. Murphy played a couple of good single shots, but he was struggling so badly to put anything together...

Selby played as well as he needed to, but I'm hoping it will take a better performance to take this title.

And I certainly hope Robertson and Maguire give us a better match in the afternoon. :smile:

Comment

• That's the stuff, 2-2 at the interval, both players actually getting punished for their mistakes. :smile:

Comment

• That was an excellent 60 from Maguire, without the black and pink for most of the break. Superb frame ball red to the middle as well. Good match. :smile:

Comment

Working...
                                X