German Masters 2013 - Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by cueman View Post
    Yeah he made a reference to it on his twitter page. Think he has trouble in some arenas when the air is very dry, usually because of the air con. Probably more of a problem in the events held overseas or at venues that don't often have snooker.
    I should imagine its quite a distraction if your eye is itchy and watering all the time and can certainly make sighting the ball troublesome.

There is certainly something that is affecting him lately as he's really dropped in form compared to earlier in the season when he was playing some of the best stuff I've ever seen from any player. Particularly the one PTC where he knocked in a record amount of tons.
    Interesting, thanks for that cueman. I have some sympathy for him, I used to wear contacts but developed an allergy to them after about 10 years, gave me a very unpleasant few weeks indeed. Lets hope he gets it sorted soon.

-
    The fast and the furious,
    The slow and labourious,
    All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

Originally Posted by crocodile View Post
      Perhaps one reason is the sheer number of tournaments which are played nowadays compared with just a few years ago - I can well imagine that what with the constant travelling around Europe and to China, practising and various other factors it all simply gets to the players at some stage and has an adverse effect on their game. Indeed, what I saw of the Masters seemed to be more characterised by constant mistakes than anything else.
      Most definitely and I also wonder whether some players know their game or trust their ability to be holding back now in preparation for the world championship which may also be a factor. There is one thing for certain, no player is going to sustain their form between now and the beginning of May when the world championship concludes so maybe its not such a bad thing to be struggling at the moment. Just have to wait and see.

Comment

Originally Posted by streamer45 View Post
        Well after another decider, Trump is out.
        So he's been shown the way home yet again. Great stuff, Anthony!

Comment

Originally Posted by daffie View Post
          So just got home from work...a very busy week and I haven't been able to see any of the snooker so far. A lot of catching up to do Tomorrow a day off...completely dedicated to putting my feet up and watch some snooker. Looking forward to some good matches in the next days. In the meantime I'm watching Michael Holt making a very substantial 144 break in his first frame...good stuff from him.
          That's the ticket daffie :encouragement: Tonight's match could be interesting, don't think Hawkins has beaten Allen before so he should be up for it, and Allen's usually entertaining, one way or the other. :wink:

-
          Last edited by PatBlock; 31 January 2013, 06:52 PM.
          The slow and labourious,

Comment

Has anyone else had any trouble posting here today? I'm having all sorts of problems, particularly when using the "Quote Post" button.

-
            The slow and labourious,

Comment

Several big name players are struggling it seems.

Ding, Williams, Higgins, Trump and Robertson dont appear to
              have the 'killer instinct' or focus or whatever.

It leaves the door wide open for others to win several matches.

Maybe the very busy schedule has something to do with it.

Comment

Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post
                That's the ticket daffie :encouragement: Tonight's match could be interesting, don't think Hawkins has beaten Allen before so he should be up for it, and Allen's usually entertaining, one way or the other. :wink:

-
                Hey PatB Interesting matchup indeed. So I guess I'll save the remainder of this afternoon's matches for tomorrow morning and enjoy some live snooker for a change

Btw I have no trouble with posting atm.

Comment

Originally Posted by daffie View Post

Btw I have no trouble with posting atm.
                  Cheers Daffie. Probably at my end then, funny thing is, I'm having the same problem with two completely different PCs.

Interesting first frame there, bodes well for the remaining 8.

-
                  The slow and labourious,

Comment

Good stuff from Barry, a 70+ and a 90 to go 2 - 1 ahead, keep it up Bazza...

-
                    The slow and labourious,

Comment

Good stuff from Barry, a 70+ and a 90 to go 2 - 1 ahead, keep it up Bazza...

-
                      Yes very good stuff from Barry. He's playing his socks off! But...a mistake or a kick just now and Mark's back in.

Comment

Nice pink to make it 3 - 1 to Hawkins at the MSI. He's certainly up for the job tonight isn't he.

-
                        The slow and labourious,

Comment

Nice pink to make it 3 - 1 to Hawkins at the MSI. He's certainly up for the job tonight isn't he.

-
                          He is indeed. Interesting to see if and how the MSI maybe will influence both players...

Edit : Barry still going very strong here...4-1 and 40-0 ahead now.
                          Last edited by daffie; 31 January 2013, 08:52 PM.

Comment

Terrific performance by Hawkins thus far!

Comment

Hawkins is buzzing...... back to back centuries, great stuff played there by him!!

A well deserved win for him......
                              Winner of 2011 Masters Fantasy game......
                              Winner of 2011 World Championship Fantasy game.......

Comment

Fantastic performance by Barry...he was definitely in the zone tonight!

A short night on Eurosport...too bad they can't switch the camera to one of the other tables. They should really think about this next year...

For me it's onwards with this afternoon's match between Selby and Perry.

Comment

Working...
                                X