No announcement yet.

German Masters 2013 - Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not much Allen could do about that, Barry was on fire tonight. He's got Ding or Selby tomorrow night, so that should be a crackin' match. :smile:

-
    The fast and the furious,
    The slow and labourious,
    All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

Here we go then, Ding v Selby, really looking forward to this one, should be a high quality game.

-
      The slow and labourious,

Comment

Indeed...... and not a bad start from Ding there!!
        Winner of 2011 Masters Fantasy game......
        Winner of 2011 World Championship Fantasy game.......

Comment

Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post
          Here we go then, Ding v Selby, really looking forward to this one, should be a high quality game.

-
          Yeah should be a good one...if Ding plays well. Great start from him...so good prospect.

Comment

What a fantastic comeback from Ding to get the respotted black! Some incredible shots in that break and wonderful positional play.
            Last edited by daffie; 1 February 2013, 12:55 PM.

Comment

Dramatic start of this match!

Comment

Aaah what a lovely frame that was to watch. Feel rather bad for Ding...he deserved to win it really. But Selby held on in the end and got it. Hoping this match can continue in this fashion...

Comment

Best frame of the tournament so far, it's incredible how he managed to get the last couple of reds with blacks. To be fair though, he was somewhat lucky to get the chance in the first place, because Selby could have easily scored those 60 points he needed without the kick. That black along the cushion was also lucky, shouldn't have gone in really...

I think this will be a high-quality match. :smile:

Comment

Ouch that will hurt Ding. He really pushed the boat out too far this time with the red on the rail. But he is playing well, so if he can keep his calm then he still has a good chance to win.
                    Last edited by daffie; 1 February 2013, 01:33 PM.

Comment

I wish these commentators would stop talking about the bloody scoreline and just talk about the table,yes we know you can't play you're ruining the bloody atmosphere !!

Comment

Ding has to win frame 5, I can't see him coming back from 4 - 1 down, I'd love him to prove me wrong on the decider though.

-
                        The slow and labourious,

Comment

So another frame pinched by Selby...I do fear the worst for Ding now. Mark is scary like this...

Comment

Originally Posted by daffie View Post
                            So another frame pinched by Selby...I do fear the worst for Ding now. Mark is scary like this...
                            Yeah that red again with the rest, very unlucky but then Selby did a wonderful job on the other red and pink.

Comment

Originally Posted by daffie View Post
                              Not really,Ding should have just played to avoid the rest and its 3-2

Comment

and that is why Ding is unlikely to win any of the big major tournaments because mentally he hasn't got the strength to compete under pressure. He's a good front runner but a very poor player from behind. Selby isn't having to do much other than mop up Ding's mistakes, he must think its xmas every tournament the way everyone else is playing right now.

Comment

Working...
                                X