No announcement yet.

2013 Masters discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Take away the last few frames and it would be average, the last three frames have been better as he is growing in confidence because of the poor form and running of his opponent, I think his performance looks better as it's like he's the only player there now.

Early exit for Trump, wonder if he can take those shoes back and get a refund?

Comment

• I wouldn't get too carried away with Hawkins, he's not playing to his absolute best just yet but then he hasn't really had to, if he gets past Judd i don't think he'll have it as easy in following rounds!
      Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning...

Comment

• Great black there from Trump with check side and to find that gap for that single red. Hopefully this will inspire him for a comeback, brilliant century break under pressure.

Comment

• jesus that table rolls off bad se the white ball for Hawkins goin up for the yellow

Comment

• There was never really any doubt with Hawkins, it had to be the decider. :smile:

Comment

• Very classy break, won it right from the break-off, just like Robertson. :smile:

Comment

• Indeed great come back and break in the final frame......

But Hawkins must be pretty sick losing that match!!
                Winner of 2011 Masters Fantasy game......
                Winner of 2011 World Championship Fantasy game.......

Comment

• Poor Barry, he should have won the game. Did he cry at the end?

Comment

• It's amazing how many times in all sports that the best players seem all but defeated only to come back and pinch it at the last possible opportunity.

Guess that's what makes them the best, that certain something that you can't learn / have coached in to you i.e. being a winner.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Gerry Armstrong View Post
                      It's amazing how many times in all sports that the best players seem all but defeated only to come back and pinch it at the last possible opportunity.

Guess that's what makes them the best, that certain something that you can't learn / have coached in to you i.e. being a winner.
                      Imagine what he'd be like If he managed to add a decent tactical side to his game.
                      Think it was just the pressure that got to Barry in the end, although I tend to agree with sberry, in that it seemed to be Trump's poor form/running that provided Barry's confidence, which then seemed to vanish once Trump started potting a few balls.

Great match though.

-
                      The fast and the furious,
                      The slow and labourious,
                      All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

• So just got home from work (nightmare on the road with the heavy snow) and still have the complete Hawkins Trump match to watch before this evening's session. Wanted to ask whether it's a close match and therefore fast-forwarding to the last frames might be wise? Cheers as always for the help

Ps I don't want to spoil the match by reading this afternoon's comments in here...yet.
                        Last edited by daffie; 15 January 2013, 05:32 PM.

Comment

• Originally Posted by daffie View Post
                          So just got home from work (nightmare on the road with the heavy snow) and still have the complete Hawkins Trump match to watch before this evening's session. Wanted to ask whether it's a close match and therefore fast-forwarding to the last frames might be wise? Cheers as always for the help

Ps I don't want to spoil the match by reading this afternoon's comments in here...yet.
                          Went all the way, and it was a cracker.

-
                          The fast and the furious,
                          The slow and labourious,
                          All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

• Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post
                            Went all the way, and it was a cracker.

-
                            Alright...fantastic!!! Cheers
                            Last edited by daffie; 15 January 2013, 05:50 PM.

Comment

• BBC did a feature this afternoon on the classic 1984 Semi Final...Jimmy vs Kirk...'White Magic'. Wow...how cool was that to see again...incredible memories!
                              Last edited by daffie; 15 January 2013, 06:12 PM.

Comment

• i feel that the term 'great match' is being over-used in this and thought apart from the way it included a good comeback to nail a decider that it was an average to poor game

the first four frames were iffy and scrappy and then one player went ahead feeding off the other's mistakes only to start making some himself in being unable to finish it off

great match in the way you might say that was a typical cracking cup match in football, not that it might be high class football skill performances, just scrappy and close at the end

if they're all going to be like that it will make for a poor tourney in my opinion

Comment

Working...
                                X