2013 Masters discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post
    Just caught the last frame and a half, but it sounds like I missed a very "interesting" match, another one to keep for a rainy snookerless day then.

-
    Just got home myself. I'm at 2-0 Stevens so still a bit to go...

Edit : going to watch the final frame of the Murphy Walden match instead. Stevens Williams is for a snowy tomorrow morning...
    Last edited by daffie; 16 January 2013, 06:29 PM.

Comment

• Originally Posted by narl View Post
      Oh great Selbys up tonight, wonder how many re-racks he'll manage to force...
      Fortunately the football in on tonight so I won't have to endure his boring matchplay and dragging the other guy down tactics like he did against murphy in the UK final. If Bingham lives up to the form he showed in the premier league I fancy him to win but he has never played well at the Masters unlike Selby.

Comment

• Originally Posted by cueman View Post
        Fortunately the football in on tonight so I won't have to endure his boring matchplay and dragging the other guy down tactics like he did against murphy in the UK final. If Bingham lives up to the form he showed in the premier league I fancy him to win but he has never played well at the Masters unlike Selby.

Selby really gets on my tits with how he plays, as you say he just seems to play negative and drag the other player down, and more often than not his matches seem to include re-racks. I don't think ive seen any other player consistantly be involved in matches where re-racks occur than Selby.

Comment

• Chelsea game tonight so wont be anywhere near the snooker! I know my priorities!

Comment

• I'm expecting a high class match tonight. Good one for Williams, I'm obviously delighted for him. I hope I could say well played but that's impossible. I think Williams is lacking confidence at the moment, can't see any other reason for his current form.

Comment

• Totally agree with you, he is a modern day Thorburn but not quite as slow, thank goodness. He never takes risks or plays attacking snooker, the UK final was typical of how he makes the game more like a game of 8 ball pool where he tries to control the table and make clearances as difficult as possible. I know its all part of the game but in terms of getting people interested in the game, particularly sponsors and attracting viewers he is very much the opposite of what is needed. Fortunately Bingham is a very attacking player and I doubt he can drag him down and their last meeting Bingham won 6-0, hope a repeat is on the cards.

Comment

• Hendry interviewing his mate Williams for the bbc was hilarious! Hendry btw was rather relentless...didn't give Mark an inch. Tough customer indeed. Funny stuff. I can imagine these two having a go at eachother all night...
                Last edited by daffie; 16 January 2013, 08:13 PM.

Comment

• Definitely seeing a much higher quality of snooker this evening. If i'm not mistaken some of the best potting of the week so far from Bingham.

Thebranstonman.
                  TheBranstonMan

Comment

• Its amazing how much Selby wavers around left right up and down when playing a shot, that camera view of the shot he went in off on really showed it well. Surprises me he can even hit the white where he wants to.

Comment

• Fantastic stuff by Bingham. Best snooker I've seen this tournament so far.

Comment

• He also appears to shake.

Didn't stop him becoming number 1 though.

Comment

• Wonder if that has to do with the neck problems he had?

Comment

• I don't think so, he always had the wobble from side to side when down on the shoot but that seems to be reduced before he had the neck problem.
                            He does appear to have a shake issue as well before the neck problem..
                            Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• He also cues with the cue under his left eye, yet when looking at angles around the table he closes that eye and looks with his right eye.

Comment

• I hope Bingham kills it off next frame. I could do with a early night.

Comment

Working...
                                X