No announcement yet.

2013 Masters discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Robertson was a bit lucky there, he missed that red along the cushion by a mile. Sad to see this again, but it's certainly not a surprise.

Ding still needs one good chance then, but Robertson is the kind of player who can deny him it. :smile:

Comment

Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
      Robertson was a bit lucky there, he missed that red along the cushion by a mile. Sad to see this again, but it's certainly not a surprise.
      Not sure if there's any difference in the pockets between Beeb tournaments and say cubicle ptc's its just that the lower angle single camera in the cubicle's can make the pockets seem smaller.

Comment

what a joke..

Great coverage my arse !

First match and can't stay for a few minutes more or even red button.

Comment

Originally Posted by trains View Post
          Not sure if there's any difference in the pockets between Beeb tournaments and say cubicle ptc's its just that the lower angle single camera in the cubicle's can make the pockets seem smaller.
          It's different every week, even from one BBC tournament to another, or from one table to another at the same tournament. Nothing surprises me anymore. :wink:

Comment

She even sounded sheepish when telling us to watch it on the website only, or watch highlights at 11ish .

Really bad form .

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

5-5 now , thought we might get to a final frame decider for this one.

c'mon ding.

Comment

Yep really bad form......

So much for the commitment to snooker!!
                Winner of 2011 Masters Fantasy game......
                Winner of 2011 World Championship Fantasy game.......

Comment

Still on Eurosport

Comment

Originally Posted by billabong View Post
                    She even sounded sheepish when telling us to watch it on the website only, or watch highlights at 11ish .

Really bad form .

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    What's going on? I read recently that the beeb have secured coverage of the three biggies until, at least, 2017, and then they go and do this! Are they interested in preserving its popularity or not?? First they ditch the two table choice on red button, and then they go and deny us a measly (possible) final two frames of a match!! Ending coverage for the schedules is acceptable, but why couldn't we have had the finish of this on the red button?? It might help if they didn't use all the interactive slots for the utter crap they currently are! Free some up and give us our snooker back!

What next, I wonder. No live coverage at all?
                    Last edited by Billy; 13 January 2013, 05:15 PM.
                    "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

I have to say i feel sorry for Pat and Ding, think Ding deserved to win to be honest but that's snooker for you!

Lol at Robbo's reaction you'd think he won the title back to back!
                      Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning...

Comment

Credit were credit is due well played Neil Robertson cause I thought he was down and out, he cliched the 10th frame from 50 odd points down and a great match winning break in the final frame......

But those outbursts when he wins make me cringe!!
                        Winner of 2011 Masters Fantasy game......
                        Winner of 2011 World Championship Fantasy game.......

Comment

I think Neil got a bit lucky on both those last frames.

Ding had a chance but I think Neil was a bit over the top, not like a place in the final just round 2.

Well played to clear up though and look forward to seeing him play Allen in the next round.

Let see how many times this situation with no tv/red button coverage happens this week.

Comment

John Virgo said 'my former colleague Willie Thorne'
                            Have the beeb dropped WT?

Comment

He made a couple of nice breaks towards the end. Somewhat lucky to win, that red along the cushion, followed by that unfortunate split from Ding when he was a couple of balls away from winning. To be fair though, Robertson himself had a bit of bad luck with that black to the yellow pocket, got it bang in the middle but somehow missed anyway.

Good start to the tournament. :smile:

Comment

Originally Posted by trains View Post
                                John Virgo said 'my former colleague Willie Thorne'
                                Have the beeb dropped WT?
                                Fingers crossed
                                Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning...

Comment

Working...
                                X