2013 Masters discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by sberry View Post
    Was watching Stephen Maguire in the championship league games last week and remembered him saying in his spat with Shaun Murphy "I don't want to be a fat world champion" - well, he's achieved the not being a world champion part of that, looks like he had a cracking christmas.
    not heard about this, any link/details? cheers
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• So Higgins vs Carter. I'm really looking forward to this one. Hoping John will come through in the end after a very tough and exciting close battle all the way to a 6-5 scoreline.

Comment

• Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
        not heard about this, any link/details? cheers
        The incident that caused their spat was at the Grand Prix in 2004.

Comment

• ah, I thought there was something new
          Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• John's off to a promising start. Could be a total clearance...

Comment

• Just as they were about to start play Maguire realised he had left his chalk in his dressing room, the ref gave him permission to go get it but while he was doing so Murphy reminded the ref there is a rule about not having all your equipment needed to start the match and that there was a penalty of one frame being docked if you don't and Murphy demanded the first frame which the ref had to give him.

Maguire wasn't best pleased when he got back to the arena but still won 5-2, he didn't think it was very sporting. Same thing happened with David Gray against Maguire but Maguire didn't take the frame.

I'm surprised they don't have spare chalks in their cases that they leave under the table.

Comment

• Wow what a let-off! Incredible miss there on the black...

Edit : maybe it was a slight kick.

Comment

• maybe he had a bet...

Comment

• ...here we go again

Great chance for Ali though.

Comment

• Very good clear-up from Ali. Too bad about the kick (if it was one) on the black for Higgins.

Comment

• Originally Posted by daffie View Post
                        Very good clear-up from Ali. Too bad about the kick on the black for Higgins.
                        Never a kick IMO. Balls bounce all the time, this bounced thin not thick so I don't buy that it cost him the pot. OUCH what a steal by Carter.

Comment

• Originally Posted by cueman View Post
                          Never a kick IMO. Balls bounce all the time, this bounced thin not thick so I don't buy that it cost him the pot. OUCH what a steal by Carter.
                          Yeah, amended my post afterwards after I saw the replay. I took Dennis' word for it...never a good thing

Comment

• it wasn't a kick, it was the russian mafia...

Comment

• Originally Posted by sberry View Post
                              it wasn't a kick, it was the russian mafia...
                              No it was The Sun (mafia)

Comment

• So 2 flukes from Ali in one frame...I'd say that's enough for the whole match.
                                Last edited by daffie; 14 January 2013, 01:46 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X