Welsh Open 2013 - Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by narl View Post
    Nows Dales chance to punch Trump square on the chin for whinging about alleged "slow play".
    Well any punch on the chin in the world won't change the fact that Dale's out and Trump is in the semis. Trump has indeed made himself sound like a spoiled brat but Dale would kinda look like a ***** if he pointed it out again and again.

Comment

• Was very surprised at Advani's cue action, seems to "see saw" considerably. Still, seems to work for him.

Comment

• yeah the see-saw action is not very attractive to me; I noticed that Selby seems to have a slight see-saw - as well as the side-side rocking, and the shaking...
        I may have mis-read a posting on another thread but did someone say that coach Del Hill advocates a see-saw action?
        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
          yeah the see-saw action is not very attractive to me; I noticed that Selby seems to have a slight see-saw - as well as the side-side rocking, and the shaking...
          I may have mis-read a posting on another thread but did someone say that coach Del Hill advocates a see-saw action?
          Don't think so, after watching cazmacs vids of him getting coaching from Del i never noticed any talk of that kind of style. Del seems to prefer 2 or so addresses, front pause then drive the cue through to the chest.

Comment

• I must have misread that post
            I did think it was a bit odd.
            cheers

Comment

• Another day at zooport done for me, that's it until sunday for me......

Was intrigued/excited to see advani today but the occasion got the better of him, was excited to see him for his background in billiards as i love a bit of billiards, used to play alot with my old man as a youngster..

Advani's cue action int the best really and it will let him down in future and i feel that it will be that reason he won't do much in the game, lovely touch but not the action/power to be a top player in this day and age.. hope he proves me wrong though... still, was good to get too see a new face and add a bit of the unknown to the tourney...

He cues up inconsistently, on lots of the shots he was an inch or so from the cue ball and jabbed at times with bringing the butt up on the backswing took his accuracy away on long shots, no power but a sweet touch at times, i was hoping he was gonna tie judd up in knots with his angles knowledge but sadly that wasn't the case.. be nice too see him around a few more tourney's in future though and may improve/settle the more we see of him (hope so)..

Poor old ken eh, i was rooting for him, he had his chances but he missed a few balls that he really shouldn't of, again, nice to see him at the back end of a major tournament though.....

Comment

• Not sure which match to chose tonight...

Ding against Milkins will probably be the best match of the round, in terms of quality at least, judging by the way both players have played in the tournament so far. Milkins has impressed with his scoring, never really in danger against Mark Williams, and he made some handy breaks against Baird last night as well. He may be a fairly one-dimensional player, but that shouldn't really be a problem against Ding, as Ding is likely to play that game as well, very open and fluent. Ding also seems to be somewhere near his best, making a few centuries along the way. I think he will probably have too much for Milkins. And if it goes close, I think Ding has the better nerves as well.

Just thinking about players defending their titles in recent times... Am I right in saying that the Welsh Open is the only tournament where this has happened in the last nine years? Higgins won it in 2010 and 2011, and I think the previous time anyone had defended any ranking title was O'Sullivan in 2005, also at the Welsh Open. So if Ding made it this year, that would be the last three ranking title defenses belonging to the Welsh Open. Weird... :wink:

As for the other match, that could be very interesting as well. McManus showed great battling qualities last night. It was quite fragmented stuff, but he was starting to play a bit towards the end, so perhaps we might see some form from him tonight. Maguire made a couple of good breaks against Stevens, but I don't think he is quite at his best here, as most of the more tricky pots were staying out. I think he can hold his own against McManus tactically, and I think he will probably convert enough of his chances to take command of the match. :smile:

Comment

• The beeb not showing any snooker until 9'30pm then, and only an hr of it then...

Rugby takes over snooker on beeb2, why can't the beeb put the snooker on bbc4 or summat the muppets...

Winds me up i tells ya.... ;(

Comment

• Maguires still got that black line on one of his bridge hand fingers, still doesn't look like a tattoo though.

These streams are pretty crap as well, the only one showing Maguire and McManus plays for about 5 seconds then freezes for 10 continiously...
                    Last edited by narl; 15 February 2013, 07:59 PM.

Comment

• So why have they decided to show the Ding and Milkins match on Eurosport rather then Maguire and McManus

EDIT. I think Eurosport mucked up. I think they should have been showing snooker but instead they were showing f**king tennis.
                      Last edited by cyberheater; 15 February 2013, 08:18 PM.

Comment

• McManus is playing Like Judd tonight, cueball never quite right but potting some great recovery balls. I was amazed when he handed the 6th away with that poor safety shot. Entertaining match though.

-
                        The fast and the furious,
                        The slow and labourious,
                        All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

• Oh yeh, someone proposed to they're missus at the afternoon sesh today...

I missed all the soppyness and came in just after it all thank goodness... lol ..

Comment

• Originally Posted by cally View Post
                            Oh yeh, someone proposed to they're missus at the afternoon sesh today...

I missed all the soppyness and came in just after it all thank goodness... lol ..
                            watching on BBC we had to watch it as Rob Walker did a piece with the couple

Comment

• I feel for you you, the beeb shows that but don't like showing much snooker, strange eh.......

Can mcmanus make it to the semi's?

Hmm...

Comment

• Jan Verhaas seems a bit grumpy tonight, did you hear him snap at Ivy when the other table was clearing? Maybe she turned him down.

-
                                The fast and the furious,
                                The slow and labourious,
                                All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

Working...
                                X