No announcement yet.

Draw or Schedule for matches/players

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apparently, the draw will be showed live here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=_iWLlM9geDc

And Mark Selby is attending indeed.
    Ton Praram III Series 1 | 58" 18.4oz 9.4mm | ash shaft + 4 splices of Brazilian Rosewood | Grand Cue medium tips

Comment

Originally Posted by Erwan_BZH View Post
      Apparently, the draw will be showed live here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=_iWLlM9geDc

And Mark Selby is attending indeed.

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-ne...it-live-195297 or here i think

Comment

So we have:

O'Sullivan v Campbell
        Selby v Selt
        Robertson v Milkins
        Trump v Dale
        Murphy v Gould
        Maguire v Poomjaeng
        Allen v King
        Higgins v M. Davis
        Bingham v Baird
        Ding v McManus
        Williams v White
        Dott v Ebdon
        Stevens v Fu
        Walden v Holt
        Hawkins v Lisowski
        Carter v Woollaston

So Marcus Campbell will be the man to compete against ROS...tough task for the Scot!
        We'll also get a Welsh battle between Williams and White...the olg guard vs the new one. Promising clash!
        Hawkins v Lisowski should be a cracker!
        Bad ones are Dott v Ebdon (dear me..), Walden v Holt.
        Last edited by Erwan_BZH; 15 April 2013, 12:48 PM.
        Ton Praram III Series 1 | 58" 18.4oz 9.4mm | ash shaft + 4 splices of Brazilian Rosewood | Grand Cue medium tips

Comment

I was thinking before the draw that Marco Fu, Martin Gould and Peter Ebdon are the three players you wouldn't want to draw, and as usual, they've landed in the same quarter. It's not too bad though, as that quarter really needed a bit of a boost. :smile:

So, a couple of good matches... Ebdon against Dott is probably the match of the round, a repeat of the 2006 World final, and also a repeat of their 1st round match in 2010, where Dott played some great stuff and won fairly comfortably.

Stevens against Fu could also be a good one. They played last year, but Fu didn't really show up, losing 10-3. Dale and Trump also seem to meet unusually often, in various major tournaments over the last two seasons. I'm sure Dale would have preferred another opponent here. Similar story with Gould, who also seems to come across Murphy quite often, but doesn't have much success against him. Higgins also has a chance for a bit of payback against Mark Davis, after that defeat in the UK Championship.

Of the pairings that don't have much history, I think Robertson against Milkins and Hawkins against Lisowski could be good. :smile:

Comment

Originally Posted by ola840 View Post
            When did you buy them?
            I bought the same ticket you have about a month or two ago when the draw wasn't set in stone and just the 25th they have changed last weeks so even if it says round 2, 25th of April, table 2, 1pm it is in fact the Neil Robertson vs Qualifier game you have ticket to.
            That is if you bought your ticket at least a few weeks back in time, if you just recently bought them then it should be Murphy vs Dott as that is the new draw

I mailed Sheffield Theatres about it since I thought there was a mistake but they referred to that World Snooker is allowed to change games around if needed for the interest of the event which seems fair.
            I hope it was answer enough for you
            Is the Robertson game not the morning session?

Comment

There is just 4 sessions on the 25th with the first two starting at 1pm, no 10.30 ones

Comment

Originally Posted by ola840 View Post
                There is just 4 sessions on the 25th with the first two starting at 1pm, no 10.30 ones
                Disappointing, what happens if it doesn't go to the last session?

Comment

Originally Posted by sbbefc View Post
                  Disappointing, what happens if it doesn't go to the last session?
                  There never has been play on the Thursday morning. One table will be having a first session so that won't happen.

Comment

http://www.******************/forum/...p?f=397&t=4257

Comment

ohhhh well i tried

Comment

Working...
                      X