X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It was the 2010 Champion league that Ronnie beat Ali Carter 3-1
    in a group stage match

Group 2 - Group Allister Carter 3 (5) 1 Ronnie O'Sullivan
    Scores: 77-46; 66-0; 67(67)-68(41); 57-40(40)
    Ronnie O' Sullivan seven times the record breaking Snooker Master

Comment

• I want to know what she told Poomjaeng off for whilst he was sat in his chair at the end of the second to last frame?

Comment

• I see referee Zhu Ying (Ivy) is missing from the world championships this year does anybody know why and also Eirian Williams Who i understand is ill and hope's to be back for the 2nd week. I also see Jan Verhaas will referee his 5th world final, i thought they would have given it to someone who as not done a world final yet, like Leo Sullion. Brendan Moore, Olivia Marteel, Colin Humphries or even Terry Camilleri so they could do thier first world final. Who chooses who does the world final and how do they decide witch one will do it.
        Ronnie O' Sullivan seven times the record breaking Snooker Master

Comment

• Originally Posted by The Statman View Post
          Meanwhile, I wonder how long it is since we've been guaranteed a non-world champion finalist by the end of the first round?
          Can't see any instance of it since the first round involved 32 players.

Comment

• Originally Posted by daffie View Post
            I'm already sorry that I started that post on Michaela, with all the Michaela-haters now coming out of the woodwork and start bashing her...not very nice lads
            Eh?? Aside from cueman and myself (all I did was post a clip which highlighted one of her errors, and more to the point, I like her) who are all these Michaela-haters, exactly?

Originally Posted by Wobble View Post
            I want to know what she told Poomjaeng off for whilst he was sat in his chair at the end of the second to last frame?
            SD in commentary suggested she might have been asking him to be a little more quiet when the other player is at the table, but he can only have been speculating like the rest of us.
            Last edited by Billy; 25 April 2013, 10:54 PM.
            "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• Originally Posted by The Statman View Post
              It's the third time this has happened at the Crucible.

Firstly, Ken Doherty v Darren Morgan, 1996 Round 2 frame 12. Frame score 55-46 to Doherty.
              Secondly, John Parrott v. Anthony Hamilton, 1997 Round 2 frame 11. Frame score 33-22 to Parrott.
              For the record, Hazel said on BBC Two at 11.30 that this had never ever happened at the Crucible before! I was surprised because I thought I remembered Alan McManus doing it once about 15 years ago. Has he ever done that in a different tournament, or is my mind playing silly buggers?

Comment

• Originally Posted by Masterdoctorgenius View Post
                many congrats

the main contender is out

slowly but surely ronnies chances to win the whole thing are increasing massively

higgins, maguire, allen, robertson all out

trump, ding, murphy and selby the only dangerouse opponents
                And Bingham?

Comment

• Originally Posted by Billy View Post
                  Eh?? Aside from cueman and myself (all I did was post a clip which highlighted one of her errors, and more to the point, I like her) who are all these Michaela-haters, exactly?
                  Ok you might have a point there...it's not exactly like it went crawling in here with Michaela-haters. Just the one

SD in commentary suggested she might have been asking him to be a little more quiet when the other player is at the table, but he can only have been speculating like the rest of us.
                  I tend to think you might be right, I also think that's why she was feeling uncomfortable throughout the match. Poomjaeng is the type that doesn't seem to have a clear view of things going on and how much he can affect the other player (Michael is the type that doesn't seem to get bothered about it though), but clearly there is no maliciousness there...he's just a nice bloke. In the refs point of view it needs to be controlled though to a certain level, that's their job as well. But asking a type of person like Poomjaeng can be awkward I guess, because you know there is no maliciousness in it, maybe it's just the nerves of playing in the World snooker Championship! (Patblock you called it). He may even not understand why you are adressing it (although he should as a prof snookerplayer). I also think, and this is definately not a generalization, a woman will have a more fine-tuned radar for touchy stuff like this and can be more sympathetic towards such a person/player. Consequently asking someone like that to keep more quiet and "controlling him" can be awkward (this goes for men as well). Just my thoughts about last nights game...not trying to start a whole debate
                  Last edited by daffie; 26 April 2013, 08:17 AM.

Comment

• Whilst I have been enjoying the matches this year I find the standard to be pretty poor.
                    Never seen so many of the top guys playing as badly.

Comment

• Mark vs Barry should be a good match!

Comment

• Originally Posted by gem View Post
                        Whilst I have been enjoying the matches this year I find the standard to be pretty poor.
                        Never seen so many of the top guys playing as badly.
                        Maybe last year. :wink: Six qualifiers made it through to the 2nd round this year. Last year it was an amazing eight.

Still some good prospects left though. Selby against Hawkins is the one I've been looking forward to, as they've played a couple of times recently. Hawkins had that great win over Selby in the 1st round last year, then followed it up with a 5-1 win at the German Masters this season. Selby got a bit of revenge at the World Open, but obviously this is the one that really matters. I can see it going really close. :smile:

Comment

• Originally Posted by streamer45 View Post
                          Mark vs Barry should be a good match!
                          Mark will need to improve a lot to win this one though.

Comment

• Graeme off to a good start, but Murphy pinched the last frame...7-4. Come on Graeme...keep it tight.

Dott getting some shock-treatment 'free of charge'...keeps him nicely focused I guess

Comment

• I have got a LOT of static shocks in the crucible myself, when i used to open a door back stage I used to get a lot of shocks... same as Dott....
                              Photos from the masters 2011
                              http://irishphoto.photoshelter.com/

Comment

• Good quality match , 2-2 at the break.

Comment

Working...
                                X