No announcement yet.

World Snooker Championships Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On a side note...as bbc is as always absent tonight for tv coverage, and eurosport only has the one channel available due to Bundesliga football on eurosport2, I can only pray it will be the Murphy Dott match that gets covered! I would be very very unhappy otherwise.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
      Nice frame to finish the session, Hawkins getting an outrageous fluke on the green, but then playing one of the worst positional shots of the week from pink to black, and Selby makes it 5-3.
      I was hoping for 4-4 . . .
      My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.
      I dream of a 147 (but would be happy with a 100)

Comment

• Originally Posted by mythman69 View Post
        I was hoping for 4-4 . . .
        I wasn't. Come on Selby!

Now I hope Poomjaeng makes a similar fightback as Dott did earlier. You know he will raise a few smiles but I hope he can focus on his game at the same time.
        Customised full size Riley table with black pockets and Strachen 6811 Tournament Cloth all housed in an air-conditioned 8m x 5m Grande Servern Plus log cabin from Dunster House supported with RSJ's.

Comment

• Seriously, how does the guy in the blue/white striped t-shirt (with presumably his dad) switch between tables? He was sat on the left side table this morning next to the players, now he is next to the players on the other side. Picking and choosing! Something needs to be done about it.

Comment

• Originally Posted by rich45 View Post
            Seriously, how does the guy in the blue/white striped t-shirt (with presumably his dad) switch between tables? He was sat on the left side table this morning next to the players, now he is next to the players on the other side. Picking and choosing! Something needs to be done about it.
            Erm, maybe he paid for those tickets? I don't think you can't just pick and choose where to sit!
            Customised full size Riley table with black pockets and Strachen 6811 Tournament Cloth all housed in an air-conditioned 8m x 5m Grande Servern Plus log cabin from Dunster House supported with RSJ's.

Comment

• I believe you are talking about FRB - Front Row Brian, he has been at the WSC for many, many years, "season ticket" holder I think.
              Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                I believe you are talking about FRB - Front Row Brian, he has been at the WSC for many, many years, "season ticket" holder I think.
                I know he is a season ticket holder, but I thought the seats would be fixed. It really annoys me how these season ticket holders can get on the front row every year, whereas everybody else is unable to purchase one since they stopped selling them 5-6 years ago.

Comment

• Nice century from Judd there to go 2-1 up.......
                  Winner of 2011 Masters Fantasy game......
                  Winner of 2011 World Championship Fantasy game.......

Comment

• Originally Posted by rich45 View Post
                    I know he is a season ticket holder, but I thought the seats would be fixed. It really annoys me how these season ticket holders can get on the front row every year, whereas everybody else is unable to purchase one since they stopped selling them 5-6 years ago.
                    I wish they'd reintroduce the season ticket, personally, but I have nothing but respect for people who've still got one - if you've been going to every session of the event for the past 10 -20 years you should bloody well get some sort of recognition!

Comment

• Trump in beast mode, 3 tons in the past 5 frames.

Comment

• Originally Posted by gem View Post
                        Whilst I have been enjoying the matches this year I find the standard to be pretty poor.
                        Never seen so many of the top guys playing as badly.
                        But some of the players outside the top 16 have been top notch. Michael White has been excelente.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Dr_Doctor View Post
                          But some of the players outside the top 16 have been top notch. Michael White has been excelente.
                          Michael White has really impressed me, I can watch him play snooker all day. Great allround game, attacking, but with a good safety game and willing to battle if need be. Has style about him around the table. Very nice and level-headed bloke as well. I think (and hope) he'll go far...a future World Champion.
                          Last edited by daffie; 26 April 2013, 04:31 PM.

Comment

• What about that last black by Trump? Outrageous!

Comment

• Nice session from Judd there..... 3 centuries not a bad afternoons work!!
                              Winner of 2011 Masters Fantasy game......
                              Winner of 2011 World Championship Fantasy game.......

Comment

• As much as I dislike Trump the way he plays is lovely to the eye. Very nice bit of snooker.
                                "You have to play the game like it means nothing, when in fact it means everything to you" Steve Davis.

Comment

Working...
                                X