No announcement yet.

UK Championship 2012 - 1st round discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would anyone know where one could find out which match is aired on the eurosport hd and eurosport2 hd channels on each particular day?

Comment

Originally Posted by daffie View Post
      Wow...5-5 atm Trump - Joyce. Wish I could see it...very tasty indeed.
      Trump was fortunate to win the first, went 3-0 up and relaxed and played a few loose ones or crowd pleasers which he will be regretting now as it's cost him.

Comment

Looks like Judd's out on his ronson . . . .

Comment

Allen vs Fu should be interesting . . .

Comment

Interesting, the tournament favourite gone in the 1st round, even though he had an easy draw on paper. He did take advantage of it in the early stages, when Joyce was clearly nervous, but somehow the pressure turned on Trump in the second half of the match. :smile:

I did say the UK and the Masters was the moment of truth for Trump, and unfortunately he seems to be following in the footsteps of the likes of Robertson, Ding, Selby, having a good period in a season, then getting a disappointing result when you least expect it.

At least some of the opinions about Trump setting new standards and opponents being afraid of him will surely be reconsidered now. :wink:

Comment

Originally Posted by billabong View Post
              Looks like Judd's out on his ronson . . . .
              got what he deserved

Comment

What a shocker! Hopefully that match will turn out to be a very valuable, if rather costly lesson for Judd, he looked absolutely pig sick.

Give me that sort of tension over your super fast big breaks any day.

-
                The fast and the furious,
                The slow and labourious,
                All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

Just shows you that you have respect every match and pay it full attention it!!
                  Winner of 2011 Masters Fantasy game......
                  Winner of 2011 World Championship Fantasy game.......

Comment

I'll be concentrating on my lucky dip lad Lisowski.

-
                    The slow and labourious,

Comment

Should be yes. I have backed Allen to win the event, so i am hoping the Irishman will be at the top of his form..
                      "Statistics won't tell you much about me. I play for love, not records."

ALEX HIGGINS

Comment

Originally Posted by jim evans View Post
                        got what he deserved
                        You're telling me he did! Great stuff!

Comment

Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
                          Interesting, the tournament favourite gone in the 1st round, even though he had an easy draw on paper. He did take advantage of it in the early stages, when Joyce was clearly nervous, but somehow the pressure turned on Trump in the second half of the match. :smile:

I did say the UK and the Masters was the moment of truth for Trump, and unfortunately he seems to be following in the footsteps of the likes of Robertson, Ding, Selby, having a good period in a season, then getting a disappointing result when you least expect it.

At least some of the opinions about Trump setting new standards and opponents being afraid of him will surely be reconsidered now. :wink:
                          Well done you then!

No in all seriousness its very difficult at the top now in snooker, gone are the days of the 90's and even for periods during the 2000's whereby you could ease your way into a tournament. Players like Joyce are extremely dangerous opponents now, they are match sharp because of all the tournaments, they have nothing to lose either as the underdog. No player will go through a season of complete domination because of the quality of players around, you simply cannot play well all the time.

What Trump will now have to learn or adapt to is trying to save himself for tournaments like the UK and WC's. He has been in good form for about 2 months with tournament after tournament and it was noticable last week in the PL semi and final that he was starting to look very jaded. He simply needs a good 2-3 weeks break from playing and come back refreshed for the 2nd half of the season. He should now put all his efforts into getting ready for the crucible because it will be here in no time. I certainly wouldn't write off a couple of bad weeks which is all its been in a 10 month season.

Comment

And now the Allen v Fu match makes way for the antiques roadshow play-along quiz. More of that much flaunted BBC commitment to snooker.

-
                            The slow and labourious,

Comment

the coverage on the BBC website is poor too, keeps buffering all the time what with the sheer volume of people watching, makes it impossible to enjoy the match when the footage keeps stopping for 3-4 seconds all the time. Can't believe the BBC have made these cuts, just cancel Eastenders or Strictly and they'll save more money that way.

Comment

Fu looks in good shape in this one.
                                All the way Mark J!!

I understand nothing from snooker. - Dedicated to jrc750!

Winner of the German Masters 2011 Lucky Dip

Comment

Working...
                                X