No announcement yet.

UK Championships S/F discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Murphy will sneak it. Carter's used up all his luck!

Comment

I have to be honest these line ups and the potential final pairing lead me to believe it has the making of a dull end to this championship, though i'm a snooker lover and will have to grin and bare it, i'm hoping it's not a Selby Carter final!
      Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning...

Comment

Hoping Murphy beats Carter tonight. As some have said Carter has had an outrageous run of the ball.
        Always play snooker with a smile on your face...You never know when you'll pot your last ball.

China Open 2009 Fantasy Game Winner.
        Shanghai Masters 2009 Fantasy Game Winner.

Comment

Originally Posted by RocketRoy1983 View Post
          Hoping Murphy beats Carter tonight. As some have said Carter has had an outrageous run of the ball.
          He has been the better player in this match too, imo. They tend to get the run as we know. Hopefully a close match though, I have no favorite in this match, just want to see a 9-8 game.

Comment

This is a good sign. Great steal! Decider is on the cards.

Comment

I dislike Carters style of play and his all round attitude which is why I want Murphy to win.
              Always play snooker with a smile on your face...You never know when you'll pot your last ball.

Comment

That opening long red from Ali was a peach each: ...

-
                The fast and the furious,
                The slow and labourious,
                All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

Originally Posted by Looki View Post
                  This is a good sign. Great steal! Decider is on the cards.
                  I'm not too sure about that, he doesn't look at all confident to me, but I hope he proves me wrong, I'd also like a decider.

-
                  The fast and the furious,
                  The slow and labourious,
                  All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

I dislike Carters style of play and his all round attitude which is why I want Murphy to win.
                    What do you mean by his style of play? What comes to attitude and temperament, he definitely has room for improvement in those areas.

Comment

Yes it was. Carters going to win this Murphy isn't at the races.

Comment

Starting to look very much like Carter to win. No reaction at all from Carter to Murphy's steal in frame 10. Very solid at the start in F11, a great red to get in and won the frame at that visit.

Comment

Originally Posted by Looki View Post
                          What do you mean by his style of play? What comes to attitude and temperament, he definitely has room for improvement in those areas.
                          Think it's just my feelings towards his style rather than anything else I'm just not excited when I watch him play.

Comment

Think it's just my feelings towards his style rather than anything else I'm just not excited when I watch him play.

Well, that's that then. four-in-row from Murphy would have me laughing like a drain but I can't see it.

Carter is soooooooooooooooo boring to watch. It's like watching him morph into Ebdon.

Comment

Well, Murphy has won matches from this kind of position before, like the WC match against Stevens in 2007, or the 2010 Wuxi Classic final. And Carter has lost them before, the 1st round match against Hawkins in the 2007 UK in particular springs to mind.

But yeah, it's hard to see Carter losing from here, given the way both players look at the moment, and also the fact that Carter seems to have no problem playing Murphy. :wink:

Comment

Do you think Murphy has under-performed or has Carter just been much better?

Comment

Working...
                                X