UK Championships S/F discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by RocketRoy1983 View Post
    Do you think Murphy has under-performed or has Carter just been much better?
    Murphy can play better, no doubt. But his form seems to have declined throughout the tournament, while Carter's has got better.

Comment

Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
      also the fact that Carter seems to have no problem playing Murphy. :wink:
      hehehe .. fully agreed!!! know what you mean

Comment

Originally Posted by RocketRoy1983 View Post
        Do you think Murphy has under-performed or has Carter just been much better?
        both!

ali has had a decent run of the balls all match, murphy has been unlucky a bit but hs not played anywhere near as well as he can do.

Comment

Well 5-8 it is then. If Murphy can clear up once more and make it 6-8 I think Carter might start to feel the heat a bit and will play less unrestricted and will make more mistakes eventually. Carter's not fantastic in handling the pressure. Then Murphy is still in with a chance...i'm really hoping for this scenario. Would like to see Murphy in the final against Selby preferably.
          Last edited by daffie; 7 December 2012, 08:56 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by daffie View Post
            Well 5-8 it is then. If Murphy can clear up once more and make it 6-8 I think Carter might start to feel the heat a bit and will play less unrestricted and will make more mistakes eventually. Carter's not fantastic in handling the pressure. Then Murphy is still in with a chance...i'm really hoping for this scenario. Would like to see Murphy in the final against Selby preferably.
            Me too I've got a fiver on both of them at 14s and 11s!!
            Always play snooker with a smile on your face...You never know when you'll pot your last ball.

China Open 2009 Fantasy Game Winner.
            Shanghai Masters 2009 Fantasy Game Winner.

Comment

To go in off after potting that black is incredible.
              Always play snooker with a smile on your face...You never know when you'll pot your last ball.

Comment

Carter has started shaking a bit but Murphy aint no Selby unfortunately. I am still hoping for a decider though!

Comment

In off now. Wow what a match!!

Comment

Murphy going through the gears now but has he left it too late?

Comment

Carter was outrageously lucky on two occasions. Murphy was the better, more aggressive player in session one.

Murphy is now being extremely agressive, Carter's playing safety shots when he should be trying pots and it's now not inconceivable that Murphy is going do it.

Carter's almost begging for defeat.

Comment

this is getting interesting!

Comment

As Hendry has just said Ali must be more positive if he's to see this one out Murphy is baying for blood.

Comment

Ali has gone. A shame because he really deserves a big title to his name. Its so important to have momentum going into the final session of a two session match and Murphy has that now. A bit like how Selby got the momentum last night and Robertson couldn't get going, I just can't see Carter getting in and taking a chance here. Obviously final frame will be a test of nerve but Murphy having won big titles is a massive advantage.

Comment

Only thing that can save Ali is luck and he has had plenty of it already but that remains his only hope as he started shaking half an hour back ... not that this barrage by Shaun would not have the same effect on most .. but then again ... thats why Carter will never be a top player despite buckets of talent

Comment

As my good friend Garry Baldrey Snr would say he's bottled it big time. Decider.

Comment

Working...
                                X