No announcement yet.

UK Championships S/F discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think it was disrespect but rather a way of "having the last word" before the interval, even if he didn't have a real chance of winning the frame, trying to dull the edge of Davis' important frame win. So, mindgames basically.

Comment

Ugh what a boring semi this has been so far Davis not in it at all, seems not focused and not putting enough effort into his game, especially his safety game. Selby gobbling up as much as possible that Davis leaves him. Nothing happening at all worth mentioning...really timid semi. Hoping for a better final session later on, but I have serious doubts. Only positive thing is that with Selby through to the final that one should be a cracking one against Murphy...snooker old school style, baby!
      Last edited by daffie; 8 December 2012, 03:56 PM.

Comment

Great dish to go 2-5 down from Davis. 8th frame is MASSIVE!!

Comment

Big frame for Davis to win, he actually has a chance to finish only 5-3 behind. But he has to do it basically, because 6-2 would be difficult to overturn.

Comment

Looks like a short evening, Selby could take it before the interval. :wink:

Comment

Indeed it does Disappointing semi final this has been overall I have to say. Fast forward to the final, which should be a real cracker!

Edit : maybe hold off making predictions untill it really is over. Meanwhile Selby has started to falter a little and Davis is starting to pot a few

So...8-4. Mid session interval...everything's possible afterwards.

Well...9-4 that's that. On to the final...
              Last edited by daffie; 8 December 2012, 09:15 PM.

Comment

It's all over now, well done Selby. Looking forward a great final tomorrow!

Comment

Pretty underwhelming match, with the expected result. Selby's performance was quite sloppy for most of the match, I think he will definitely need to raise his game to beat Murphy. It should be a high-quality match, I think both players will inspire the other to play well. :smile:

Comment

Just got back to the pub tonight see the last frame.
                    Well done Selby, well played though Davis.
                    Question - did I read the with this win of the semi Selby is now No 1?
                    Question - does that make Trump the shortest ever reigning No 1?
                    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• UK Championships S/F discussion

I know i would rather go for a drink than watch selby. Very good player although very boring also.

Comment

• Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                        Question - did I read the with this win of the semi Selby is now No 1?
                        Question - does that make Trump the shortest ever reigning No 1?
                        Yes, but to be fair, you were guaranteed a whole year as number 1 until two seasons ago. We've got Robertson, Higgins, Williams, Selby and Trump since, and none of them really lasted all that long. :smile:

Comment

• Yep, understand that and with that in mind, is its the shortest reign?
                          Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
                            Yes, but to be fair, you were guaranteed a whole year as number 1 until two seasons ago. We've got Robertson, Higgins, Williams, Selby and Trump since, and none of them really lasted all that long. :smile:
                            I like the new rolling ranknings, but world nr. 1 and top 16 isn´t what it used to be.
                            ....its not called potting its called snooker. Quote: WildJONESEYE
                            "Its called snooker not potting" Quote: Rory McLeod

Comment

• I´m looking forward to the final tomorrow. It´s hard to tell a favorit.
                              ....its not called potting its called snooker. Quote: WildJONESEYE
                              "Its called snooker not potting" Quote: Rory McLeod

Comment

• Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                                Yep, understand that and with that in mind, is its the shortest reign?
                                Yes it is. :smile:

Comment

Working...
                                X