3G kicks and heavy contacts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3G kicks and heavy contacts

I’ve been practicing a few hours a day for just over a week now with a new set of 3G’s (tour champs) and I seem to be getting loads of kicks and heavy contacts, it’s actually getting on my nerves now! Is it me chalking the cue too much ( using Triangle chalk)? Touching the balls with my sweaty hands? Do the balls need a good cleaning already? Or are they just a dodgy set?? Any ideas??

Are these straight out the box Steve ? Give them a clean if they are. Mine have to be really dirty before they kick a lot. Not cleaned mine for months, over due one but they still aren't kicking.
    This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
    https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
      Are these straight out the box Steve ? Give them a clean if they are. Mine have to be really dirty before they kick a lot. Not cleaned mine for months, over due one but they still aren't kicking.
      What he said.

Comment

Yes straight from the box, super shiny at first, I’ve just been rubbing them over with a towel when I’ve finished then placing them back into the box. Do they come with some kind of film on when new? What would you recommend for cleaning? Soapy water or something like that?

cheers!

Comment

I'm not sure what's on them, maybe nothing but they have obviously been through a process so there could easily be something on them. I use the Aramith ball cleaner, not the restorer . Just a tiny bit , rub it over the ball then wipe and buff straight away, do one ball at a time, I get very little kicks a couple in a week ( at least ten hours a week), if that, on club tables, that obviously wont be anywhere near as well kept as your table.

Comment

I'm not sure what's on them, maybe nothing but they have obviously been through a process so there could easily be something on them. I use the Aramith ball cleaner, not the restorer . Just a tiny bit , rub it over the ball then wipe and buff straight away, do one ball at a time, I get very little kicks a couple in a week ( at least ten hours a week), if that, on club tables, that obviously wont be anywhere near as well kept as your table.
            Ok... I’ll give that a try! Thank you

Comment

Sorted, EBay... I’ll let the missus know I’ve bought some ball cleaner. She’ll be delighted!

Comment

I have the 3 g balls ,had the latest set around 18 months now ( two cue balls and rotate them ) 6811 cloth ,brush block and iron the table regular ,keep the balls clean and wiped down every other day ,I use Taum chalk as well .Cant remember the last time I had a kick .

Comment

Originally Posted by mikee View Post
                  I have the 3 g balls ,had the latest set around 18 months now ( two cue balls and rotate them ) 6811 cloth ,brush block and iron the table regular ,keep the balls clean and wiped down every other day ,I use Taum chalk as well .Cant remember the last time I had a kick .
                  Did you clean them before you started using Mikee? Just wondering... I do exactly as you say only my chalk is different. Must be the cleaning thing I need to sort out.

Comment

Yes I use non silicon pledge ,keeps them clean and no ill effects ,works as well as anything . I did use lemon oil that you put on guitar fretboards once ,God knows what I was thinking ,balls were really shiny but they were all over the place ,I highly do not recommend doing that .Room temperature could have an effect also ,mine is kept at a steady 22.5 all year round .Hope yours settles down soon Steve

Comment

Originally Posted by mikee View Post
                      Yes I use non silicon pledge ,keeps them clean and no ill effects ,works as well as anything . I did use lemon oil that you put on guitar fretboards once ,God knows what I was thinking ,balls were really shiny but they were all over the place ,I highly do not recommend doing that .Room temperature could have an effect also ,mine is kept at a steady 22.5 all year round .Hope yours settles down soon Steve
                      I would agree with that, balls that are cold don't play as awell. Also atmospheric conditions, if it humid I think balls pick up more chalk and therefore you get more kicks. Do you have a dehumidifier Steve ?

Comment

I would agree with that, balls that are cold don't play as awell. Also atmospheric conditions, if it humid I think balls pick up more chalk and therefore you get more kicks. Do you have a dehumidifier Steve ?
                        Not at the moment but I’ll be fitting a heater/cooler/de-humidifier unit when I next have some spare funds! That, the electrics, the flooring and table heating are some of the last jobs on the list. At the moment though, and probably since April time, the humidity in the room is usually in the 50’s which I would say is pretty good!? The humidity unit on the wall has a smiley face so he’s happy! The temperature fluctuates between 18-22, up to top 20’s on those odd very hot days we’ve been having, but that’s with nothing helping to cool at the moment.

I’ve ordered some cleaner so I’ll see what effect that has when it arrives. Perhaps once everything is complete it will be generally better! Not sure what winter will be like so we’ll have to wait and see on that one.

Comment

We are gonna get a few kicks over the next week as the weather is a bit thundery
                          i have just ordered on line the new kick resistant chalk Century Cues launched on Monday. It’ll be interesting to see what it’s like ?14.00 a cube
                          Toam seemed to work well but I always had a miscue fear in the back of my mind, also I think this new CC chalk is the first one that is A cube which I prefer in my hand.

Comment

Originally Posted by Philpot View Post
                            We are gonna get a few kicks over the next week as the weather is a bit thundery
                            i have just ordered on line the new kick resistant chalk Century Cues launched on Monday. It’ll be interesting to see what it’s like ?14.00 a cube
                            Toam seemed to work well but I always had a miscue fear in the back of my mind, also I think this new CC chalk is the first one that is A cube which I prefer in my hand.
                            Yes today I’ve had to keep the shed door closed to stop the humidity building up, yet it has actually today shot up to 64 (70 outside) which is the highest it’s been in a few months!

Let us know how the new chalk performs! Sounds interesting

Comment

Century Cue Chalk just arrived
                              First Impressions
                              1. It takes on the tip very well. I use a very hard tip and some chalks don’t take all that well
                              2. It seems very grippy and feels like I can get more side on with it.
                              3. I have t had a kick yet.

The real test will come on Tuesday when I will practice most of the day and the weather is thunder and lightning.
                              Will be interesting to see if I get a kick or two

Comment

Working...
                              X