Steel block cushions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Danger Steve View Post
    Not twice the speed though!! That would be 9 - 9 1/2 times the wood cush... impossible amount of bounce
    Ok not twice the speed but definitely faster then when it went on. All the members want rid of it.

Comment

Originally Posted by travisbickle View Post

Ive no idea what causes it tbh. It just been recovered as well,but even before it was recovered it was the same.
      Steel tables do tend to play faster generally speaking...

Comment

Ok not twice the speed but definitely faster then when it went on. All the members want rid of it.
        Funny that! Most people on here ‘Demand’ steel.... lol

I do think a quick table is easier to play on once you get use to them, you can just float shots in with less effort which means more accuracy.

Comment

Originally Posted by Danger Steve View Post

Funny that! Most people on here ‘Demand’ steel.... lol

I do think a quick table is easier to play on once you get use to them, you can just float shots in with less effort which means more accuracy.
          Not for me. I like the cushions to play the same speed. Fast cloth..yes, fast cushions..a big no.

Comment

It does 100% so I guess it is possible
            Congratulations you have just invented perpetual motion ,what is even more amazing is that you have created it on a snooker table .If the ball came off twice as fast as it went on you would be able to throw a ball from the side cushion to side cushion and it would keep going until the speed eventually threw it off the table .

Comment

Originally Posted by mikee View Post

Congratulations you have just invented perpetual motion ,what is even more amazing is that you have created it on a snooker table .If the ball came off twice as fast as it went on you would be able to throw a ball from the side cushion to side cushion and it would keep going until the speed eventually threw it off the table .
              Thats sounds like fun!!

Comment

Not for me. I like the cushions to play the same speed. Fast cloth..yes, fast cushions..a big no.
                Each to their own but on tight pockets I will take fast cushions all day long. I want to be able to stroke everything in on a tight table and a nice bounce off the cushion can be a god send but I'll take a fast cloth as well if I'm being greedy definitely think you need both.
                This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Forgive me if I have misunderstood but a steel block cushion is about a consistent bounce and not a fast bounce ?. It shouldn’t come off faster than it goes on .
                  I prefer to play on faster tables but generally it’s the cloth that’s fast .
                  With the OP i guess if you have three tables and only one has steel block cushions then it’s no wonder your members don’t like playing on it as they would have to keep altering their cue ball control to accommodate the difference in bounce from the different cushions . If they’re level is not that high then this would be even more challenging.

Comment

Originally Posted by mikee View Post

I said in a previous post not quite twice but a lot faster then it goes on which isn’t right at all. Like Itsnoteasy said he gets more bounce on their steel back table compared to the standard ones

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                      Each to their own but on tight pockets I will take fast cushions all day long. I want to be able to stroke everything in on a tight table and a nice bounce off the cushion can be a god send but I'll take a fast cloth as well if I'm being greedy definitely think you need both.
                      Weird that loads like steels on this forum. I don’t think I know anyone over here that likes them. I only play on it at a last resort.
                      Comedy hour for me lol.

Comment

I said in a previous post not quite twice but a lot faster then it goes on which isn’t right at all.
                        'Ye cannee change the laws of physics cap'n, unless you're travisbickle'
                        Montgomery Scott

Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
                        but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

Originally Posted by vmax View Post

'Ye cannee change the laws of physics cap'n, unless you're travisbickle'
                          Montgomery Scott
                          Very true lol , it is an impossibility for something to come off faster than it went on ,a cushion might bounce more than you expected but that’s it .warp 6 Mr Sulo —Engage ,

Comment

I think if Travis had said it comes off the cushion twice as fast compared to a normal cushion, that could be something we agree on.
                            This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                            https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                              I think if Travis had said it comes off the cushion twice as fast compared to a normal cushion, that could be something we agree on.
                              very diplomatic INE, you are a wise and fair man.
                              ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

We all come out with random statements sometimes that make us look a bit silly... ask trains!

Comment

Working...
                                X